Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: While on the subject of sinfonias... Bach Sinfonia no. 11 in g minor  (Read 6907 times)

Offline pianogeek_cz

• PS Silver Member
I feel that it's considerably better than the duel one. Oh well.

Thoughts, comments, constructive criticism, all welcome. Letter bombs not as much so.

By the way, the Windows Media Player persists also with this file. I have to do something about it.
Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz (Without cunning a nation shall fall,  Salvation Come By Many Good Counsels)

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
letter bombs?  that's funny.

i feel you lack passion in the bass.  pump it up.  i like your voicing at times - although i would tend to favor more volume in the bass, slightly less in tenor, and so forth - until the soprano voice is evenly matched volume-wise.  this way the soprano does not stick out too obviously.

Offline counterpoint

• PS Silver Member
The balance of higher and lower voices is very well on my equipment, the bass is strong enough.

A bit more tempo and the broken triads not as note-by-note (more as an upbeat to the following 8th note) would make me like the playing even more  :)
If it doesn't work - try something different!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert