Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: [Critique Please] Scriabin Op.2 No.1 and Prelude Op.11 IX  (Read 4330 times)

Offline mekohler

• PS Silver Member
Hey, this is my first post. Been playing for 10 months, and taking lessons from a Russian concert pianist in NYC. I decided to record today after feeling like I keep sucking more. The recording quality is not ideal, and the piano sounds shitty with my mic and I'm not please with the recordings at all. Was looking for any comments or suggestions. In the Op.2 No.1 I know I mess up some notes, I was nervous. Bleh!

Offline daniloperusina

• PS Silver Member
Re: [Critique Please] Scriabin Op.2 No.1 and Prelude Op.11 IX
Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 03:45:09 AM
Yes, the piano sounds shitty. But you don't sound shitty! If you've only played ten months it's very impressive! You play as if the entire Volga has taken possession of your soul...

Offline mekohler

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 05:12:33 AM
Yes, the piano sounds shitty. But you don't sound shitty! If you've only played ten months it's very impressive! You play as if the entire Volga has taken possession of your soul, crying out all the shittiness it's seen...

hehe thanks. Not sure what that last sentence means, or if it was an insult :[

Offline daniloperusina

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 05:33:15 AM
Absolutely no insult! You show great talent! But I'll change it to make it look a bit better..

Offline ekbaudouin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 07:40:54 PM
This piece is all about the voicing. You MUST pay attention to the melodic line. really listen to yourself as you play, or else it's just clunky chords..

E

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 08:05:07 PM
This piece is all about the voicing. You MUST pay attention to the melodic line. really listen to yourself as you play, or else it's just clunky chords..

E
...."« on: July 23, 2007, 08:08:31 PM »"........

Last Active:

August 22, 2007, 07:40:05 AM

Offline mekohler

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 08:15:38 PM
Haha yes, but I still get emails! I afraid to listen to this, it was so long ago...I've moved on to producing electronic music, only play classical every so often. Thanks! (die topic, die)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert