Piano Forum

Does Rachmaninoff Touch Your Heart?
Today, with smartwatches and everyday electronics, it is increasingly common to measure training results, heart rate, calorie consumption, and overall health. But monitoring heart rate of pianists and audience can reveal interesting insights on several other aspects within the musical field. Read more >>

Topic: Good price for new Clavinova CLP-120 + 130??  (Read 12804 times)

Offline colt45

• PS Silver Member
Good price for new Clavinova CLP-120 + 130??
on: August 03, 2005, 06:21:54 PM
What is a good current price for a new Yamaha Clavinova CLP-120 and 130 respectively? I know that Yamaha just came out with the CLP200 series, maybe this bumped down the prices of the 100 series?

Offline leahcim

• PS Silver Member
Re: Good price for new Clavinova CLP-120 + 130??
Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 06:46:45 AM
You don't say where you are, but the best way is probably a google search.

I doubt you'll find much discount because the new models are evolutionary rather than revolutionary and the lower 2xx series seem to have features that were once on the higher priced models rather than stuff never seen before - and it's probably been long enough that any that were going cheap have already gone.

That said, imho, the cheapest clp model is the P series - you can get a P250 for the same price as a clp130 here.

Offline colt45

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 03:40:08 PM
I'm in Utah. Normally a clp130 goes for around 2200.00 here. What's the price where you are? Also, I tried google searching, but it only pulls up info from the UK. Thanks.

Offline leahcim

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 08:53:54 PM
I'm in Utah. Normally a clp130 goes for around 2200.00 here. What's the price where you are? Also, I tried google searching, but it only pulls up info from the UK. Thanks.

I'm in the UK, so it probably won't help, but it's about 1200-odd [ the clp240 looks to be about the same price] - looks like a couple of places have had them at 999 to clear though, so you might find one discounted in the US.

Offline tinkertanker

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 04:31:25 PM
I'm in the UK, so it probably won't help, but it's about 1200-odd [ the clp240 looks to be about the same price] - looks like a couple of places have had them at 999 to clear though, so you might find one discounted in the US.

Anyone tried the new CLP range? I'm looking at getting either the CLP-240 or CLP-270 but I'm not sure whether the extra features of the CLP-270 can justify the extra £600.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert