Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: "In the Rough" -- Improv (response to Quantum)  (Read 3064 times)

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
"In the Rough" -- Improv (response to Quantum)
on: December 07, 2007, 09:46:32 PM
The improv attached to this thread is actually found also in the following thread (reply #10) as a response to quantum's response to me :

https://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php/topic,27849.msg322289.html#msg322289

But, I have decided I want it to have it's own thread  ;D.
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Re: "In the Rough" -- Improv (response to Quantum)
Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 06:01:53 AM
I just listen again to this after we talked about it and I more and more "get it" I think. I will listen more, but so far I can say that I like it very much. I can't express so well in words what I feel here, but for sure it is something very strong and some elements which you will further use in your music :) After my trip in the summer (where I saw a lot of volcanos) and all this talking about Volcanos in the necessity thread I find it more and more fascinating to think about these forces, the "volcanic" forces. And of course I love the tender parts in this too, towards the end. Keep it up :)

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Re: "In the Rough" -- Improv (response to Quantum)
Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 08:48:12 PM
Thanks for your visit and for your comments, Wolfi.  You have been a good example to me of somebody whom works with and develops improvisational ideas :).  For awhile I had been thinking that I simply cannot develop this material anymore, like it's just not possible for me to do so (as though it's just not in me to do it).  But then I thought, why not ? 

I guess I have just had to expose the stone a bit and we'll just see what's next :).
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert