Piano Forum

Topic: Chopin: Scherzo No. 2 in B-Flat Minor  (Read 1634 times)

Offline lorditachijr

• PS Silver Member
Chopin: Scherzo No. 2 in B-Flat Minor
on: September 02, 2012, 08:43:54 PM
After working a little over a week on this and working on some of it in a lesson with my teacher, here is my work-in-progress scherzo. I know it still needs a LOT of work, and the microphone I used (iPad mic) wasn't very good quality. Even so, I would really like to hear your opinions on and suggestions for things I could work on/change.

Thanks!

Offline megadodd

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopin: Scherzo No. 2 in B-Flat Minor
Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 09:40:32 AM
I must say it's hard to tell some things because of the quality of sound.
But it does sound kind of clustered to me, perhaps you could fine tune the pedal work?

You sure have given the piece character, it's a work well in progress. Sounds good :)
Repertoire.
2011/2012

Brahms op 118
Chopin Preludes op 28
Grieg Holberg Suite
Mendelssohn Piano trio D minor op 49
Rachmaninoff Etude Tabelaux op 33 no 3 & 4 op 39 no 2
Scriabin Preludes op 1

Offline lorditachijr

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 08:02:47 PM
Sorry for reposting, but here is a much better recording of the piece. I think the recorder this time did some equalizing, so some of the dynamics are weird. But it's still much better than the last recording.

Offline complexpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 05:16:36 AM
This a very old post, but whatever,
 As a person who played this piece before, I fully know how difficult it is to portray this piece musically, however, the most difficult part of the entire piece are the first 9 notes, (the half note, triplets and quarter note etc.) they have to be extremely legato, piano and even to the point that it requires hours to get it remotely right. Dynamically, I feel like the chord that immediately follow the triplets sounds a bit harsh ( although it could just be the recording) , try to produce power and sound without banging on the keys , play through your fingers, not your arms. Other than that, the piece is coming together nicely, keep up the good work! ( if you're still working on it, lol)
Current pieces:

Beethoven Waldstein Sonata Op.53 No.21
Chopin Ballade No.4 Op.52
Chopin Scherzo No.3 Op.39
Rachmaninoff Concerto No.3 Op.30
Rachmaninoff Sonata No.2 Op.36
Schumann Toccata Op.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert