Piano Forum logo
January 20, 2017, 08:00:42 PM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

BREAKING NEWS: New Chopin Photo Found!

The Swiss physicist and Chopin connoisseur Alain Kohler, already known for discovering in a private German home a Pleyel piano that once belonged to Frédéric Chopin, has made another sensational find. Kohler, together with Gilles Bencimon of Radio France Internationale, recently announced that they have unearthed a new, previously unknown photograph of Chopin. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Für Elise woO 59  (Read 6851 times)
searchingfordistance
PS Silver Member

« on: September 12, 2012, 04:43:50 AM »

Just learned to play this last week so this is when I still have some more work to do on it. Still have some problems to get the middle part to be perfect but it's going forward and will put up one more later this year.
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

Composer & Pianist (2010-2014)
#Playing Level 5,5
#Reading Level 5
#Sight-Reading Level 3,5
Practicing:
#W.A.Mozart Sonata K.545
#J.S.Bach Prelude & Fugue No.5
#Composing & Sight-Reading

piano sheet music of Für Elise
starstruck5
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 07:20:32 PM »

I think you use too much pedal -the notes of the main theme are close together and the last thing you want to do is blur them -you also need to work on your dynamics -when the melody becomes more expressive, it shoud be louder than the opening in order to bring out the increase in passionate intensity -at the moment your playing is very typed sounding -it sounds like you are just playing individual notes -you need to be more aware of phrasing and the cadence points -I suggest listening to Arrau -and paying close attention to his phrasing and dynamics -With the right focus and attention to detail you have the potential to play this piece well -

When a search is in progress, something will be found.
musicluvr49
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 11:19:16 PM »

Not bad! For only having been playing the piece for a week. During certain little moments, I could tell that you have a good musical ear Smiley However, you should try to introduce musicality into all the piece as soon as you begin playing it, and not wait till you learn the notes. This skill will help you a lot in the future with sight-reading and things like that.

Try to think of the music more horizontally than vertically. I'll try to explain. Think of the musical phrases in horizontal lines, rather than in vertical notes coming down. One thing that may help is looking at the music, and imagining lines connecting the notes together. Also, as starstruck said, make sure you pay attention to the phrases in the music.

Make sure you don't play too much faster than what's comfortable while practicing.

Starstruck pretty much said everything else I would say. Keep working hard, and this could turn out really well.

Good luck!

Currently:
Chopin Grand Valse Brilliante
Mozart Piano Sonata K 332
Scriabin Preludes Op 11 no.5,6,7
Bach Prelude and Fugue in G minor
searchingfordistance
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 07:48:13 PM »

This is the original video and tomorrow I think I will make a new vid.
I know my phrasing whasn't so good and I have been listening to different version and the one you mentioned and been trying not to use to much pedal then needed.

Composer & Pianist (2010-2014)
#Playing Level 5,5
#Reading Level 5
#Sight-Reading Level 3,5
Practicing:
#W.A.Mozart Sonata K.545
#J.S.Bach Prelude & Fugue No.5
#Composing & Sight-Reading
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: