Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: How are you doing right now ?  (Read 47387 times)

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
Re: How are you doing right now ?
Reply #800 on: March 18, 2012, 05:18:04 AM
I'm exhausted now after two days of traveling...

Crazy how some folks make praying so complicated. Going to the other end of the island to do Stations of the Cross... never again!
I'm sinking like a stone in the sea,
I'm burning like a bridge for your body

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #801 on: March 20, 2012, 07:21:10 PM
Well I'm tired and my head hurts a little (and my face... well the right side of my face... under my eye, like my cheeks :-\ )... well but it doesn't matter. My recital on Sunday went better than I thought it would!!! I was very happy about that!!  :) my mum liked it a lot too, and my teacher was very happy too!!! :) :) she even hugged me and said I played really well!  :)  :)  8) and my mum almost didn't record it! because she was recording the whole recital (cause I always tell her to, cause I want to watch other kids too) and I was almost last so the camera ran out of memory card just a little before I was supposed to play and then my mum got really nervous and she didn't know how to erase things and then she recorded me with her phone, but I think it's a good recording! :) Maybe I'll post it...  :P

And now I will start learning pieces for my exam!!!! I kind of know almost all of them... well... for the slovenian piece my teacher was saying that maybe I would play a piece that her friend wrote... but that's not for sure yet, so I don't know about that one yet. Then for the older piece I will play Bach's prelude, but I don't know yet if I'll play the BWV 924 (which I'm learning now) or the BWV 939 which is a little easier (that's what my teacher said), but it's going to be one of these two. Then for an Etude I will maybe play one that is the last one in my Etude 3 book and it was arranged by Bach but my teacher said she would look for some others that maybe I should play something faster (that goes more up and down or something like that) so I'm not sure about that either. But I am sure about the Sonatina which will be Sonatina op.36 number 1 by M. Clementi. And I know about a newer piece which will be Sweet Reveries by Tchaikovsky (from Children's album).  :)  :) so I'm kind of excited about that!!  :)  :P

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
Reply #802 on: March 21, 2012, 03:12:10 PM
Pain in my arm, pain in my heart.
I wasn't able to practice today. Making up for it by listening to recordings.

Offline hastur

• PS Silver Member
Reply #803 on: March 21, 2012, 11:47:37 PM
Cold is mostly gone it seems, cough still lingers (It's been three weeks since it all began). Still going crazy from attempting Beethoven's Pathétique II. Adagio Cantabile. It's very difficult for me to read the piece. Also trying Satie's Gnossienne No. 1, where I'm facing similar issues, mostly from the complete lack of measure bars... I suppose I could draw them in, but not entirely sure if it would help me enough to motivate the time and effort.

Other than that, I've got a hectic bunch of days in front of me with re-packaging everything that I own in those neat little boxes used when moving from one place to another. Then I have the "fun" of going through all the clothes I never use and decide what to keep and what to shove in the laundry, also in preparation of moving. But the most stressful of all, is that I'm yet to find someone who can drive me and my junk to the new place (it's about 500km from where I'm currently situated).

James signing out.
My current to-do list:
* Yann Tiersen
~ La Valse d'Amélie
* Beethoven
~ "Pathétique" II. Adagio
* Petzold
Menuet in G minor (BWV 115)
* Satie
- Gymnopédie No. 3

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #804 on: April 06, 2012, 05:44:39 PM
I'm so tired. Nothing exists but this tiredness. I wish I could do so many things that I have planned, but I'm just too tired. Maybe it's because it's good friday and I should just go into the silence and meditate.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #805 on: April 07, 2012, 02:48:53 AM
I can understand this very well, but I am slowly snapping out of it.

I am taking little steps forward ... constructing an email and letter I've been needing to construct, for example.  
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline flyinfingers

Reply #806 on: April 07, 2012, 05:24:05 AM
Landscape cloud still looming over my head!  I like yardwork to an extent but this is ridiculous and causes me anxiety!  I look forward to winter here because it means I won't be a slave to the slope (450 plants on the stupid thing with weeds and I have to go out and pull weeds dressed in armour so the spiders won't get me) and the rest of the property!  I had two spider bites that got infected and had to go to the doctor!
Tip:  Don't ever build a house with too much yardwork!
I wear my heart on my sleeve.  Don't touch my shirt!  Coined by yours truly, flyinfingers

Offline rachmaninoff_forever

• PS Silver Member
Reply #807 on: April 08, 2012, 03:54:11 AM
I'm doing fine, but not dandy.  You hear a lot of people say, "fine and dandy", but I'm never both at the same time!l
Live large, die large.  Leave a giant coffin.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #808 on: April 14, 2012, 11:45:09 PM
ahh... Well, the school asked me to play for the seniors' graudation, which will be good for me.  It will be very similar to a church service lineup, but I'm going to see if I can seep some of my performance repertoire in there, too.  Also, aside from the outside playing I'm going to line up for myself, I may schedule myself to play at the church a few times in the next couple of months.  That seems smartish.  

"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Reply #809 on: April 15, 2012, 12:11:59 AM
My wife's choir is singing the Brahms Requiem, which I've been hearing for the last two months. I didn't like it at first, and continued exposure has reinforced my opinion. To me it sounds like that sort of thing they play in undertakers' offices. Were I not able to counter the effect with large doses of improvisation I would become very irritable. Nonetheless, she has a nice voice and her present choir is giving her the discipline to work on it, so I have been helping with the score and recordings as required.
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #810 on: April 15, 2012, 06:04:29 AM
I'm just curious, Ted.  What choir is this?  Is it an amateur or a professional one?  I can't imagine an amateur choir singing the brahms requiem.  Well, maybe in Tokyo.  I had a choir out here in the sticks, for a few years, and it got SOOOOOOOOOO depressing.

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Reply #811 on: April 15, 2012, 06:10:32 AM
Two combined church choirs. No professionals as far as I know, but they contain a particularly talented bunch of musicians. See here :

https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/EN/OurAuckland/Events/Pages/brahmsrequiem.aspx

I might stand corrected there. I see two of the singers belong to groups which appear to be semi-professional. Mainly amateur though.

Mark Rosser is very good. They put on a concert two years ago with a lot of Rutter and other modern stuff, some quite complicated, and it seemed very good to me.
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

Offline jesc

• PS Silver Member
Reply #812 on: April 15, 2012, 07:02:24 AM
Tired. Muscles tired, brain tired due to some last minute pieces being added to the recital. I'm not worried about the technical difficulty but about my memory. Sometimes it just goes... out of nowhere... ZING! mental block. No choice but to keep playing them, using brute force to hammer them into my mind.

My teacher seems to have more faith in me than I do myself. That bothers me a bit.   

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #813 on: April 15, 2012, 09:50:48 PM
WOO!  I think I've nailed down 7 arias for some events within the next several months.  I think it's a little bit of a kick pants lineup:

English:  Embroidery Aria from Peter Grimes by Benjamin Britten

Italian:   D'amor sull'ali rossee from Il Trovatore by Giuseppe Verdi
            Lo sguardo avea degli angeli from I Masnadieri by Giuseppe Verdi
            Come Scoglio from Cosi fan Tutte by WA Mozart

German:  Euch Lüften, die mein Klagen from Lohengrin by Richard Wagner
             Dich, theure Halle from Tannhäuser by Richard Wagner

French:   Il est doux, il est bon from Hérodiade by Jules Massenet

Now all I need are some Latin American Classical suggestions ... anybody reading this happen to have anything that comes to mind?  I'm all ears!

Also, I'm a few inches away from organizing my house piano recital ... the list of guests is forming itself in my mind, as well as the message I will send out to them.  I'm excited, but it's in the form of a deep kind of fluttering  :).  Cheers!

Offline costicina

• PS Silver Member
Reply #814 on: April 16, 2012, 05:48:53 AM

Also, I'm a few inches away from organizing my house piano recital ... the list of guests is forming itself in my mind, as well as the message I will send out to them.  I'm excited, but it's in the form of a deep kind of fluttering  :).  Cheers!

What about your 'virtual' guests of PS? Please don't forget us: post a copy of the program, and of course a recording of the event!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #815 on: April 16, 2012, 05:55:53 AM
My teacher seems to have more faith in me than I do myself. That bothers me a bit.   

Methinks the reverse should be more troubling.
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #816 on: April 18, 2012, 12:04:44 PM
WOO!  I think I've nailed down 7 arias for some events within the next several months.  I think it's a little bit of a kick pants lineup:

English:  Embroidery Aria from Peter Grimes by Benjamin Britten

Italian:   D'amor sull'ali rossee from Il Trovatore by Giuseppe Verdi
            Lo sguardo avea degli angeli from I Masnadieri by Giuseppe Verdi
            Come Scoglio from Cosi fan Tutte by WA Mozart

German:  Euch Lüften, die mein Klagen from Lohengrin by Richard Wagner
             Dich, theure Halle from Tannhäuser by Richard Wagner

French:   Il est doux, il est bon from Hérodiade by Jules Massenet

Now all I need are some Latin American Classical suggestions ... anybody reading this happen to have anything that comes to mind?  I'm all ears!

Also, I'm a few inches away from organizing my house piano recital ... the list of guests is forming itself in my mind, as well as the message I will send out to them.  I'm excited, but it's in the form of a deep kind of fluttering  :).  Cheers!

miss mayla, you should totally add a 'surprise' ending ala this gal , big kick in the pants. and your shapety shape work should help. actually pretty impressive if you consider the shoes and dress, her alignment was actually  really good.
[ Invalid YouTube link ] i.e. around 45-52 seconds in ....but watch the whole for the best effect

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #817 on: April 18, 2012, 04:23:49 PM
Hysterical!!

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
Reply #818 on: April 18, 2012, 04:34:59 PM

What about your 'virtual' guests of PS? Please don't forget us: post a copy of the program, and of course a recording of the event!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Would want to hear it too. Pretty please.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #819 on: April 18, 2012, 04:42:45 PM

Would want to hear it too. Pretty please.

Thanks, that's encouraging!  I just went through my calendar last night and mapped out performances for the next couple of months, and my very first "performance" will be to video record all of it at the end of this month over the days of 27-29th.  That's an ambitious goal, I think, but I will be planning my first house concert about 2-3 weeks after that.  The title will be:

"Pu pus and piano"  :)  That is Hawaiian for hors d'oeuvres.  I will probably video record that, too, I guess.  

My program:

Beethoven, Sonata in f minor, Op. 57 (Appassionata)
Chopin Etude in Ab Major, Op. 25 no. 1
Schumann, Theme and Variations on the name ABEGG, Op. 1
Rachmaninov, Prelude in D Major, Op. 23 no. 4

miss mayla, you should totally add a 'surprise' ending ala this gal , big kick in the pants. and your shapety shape work should help. actually pretty impressive if you consider the shoes and dress, her alignment was actually  really good.

haha ... D natural  >:( ;D ... well, I gave those up ages ago (not the D naturals ... I have yet to really start those  :P), when once my shoulder went out of socket midway.  The Opera scenes director always commented that we should be able to sing anything doing anything, so in the Opera Scenes workshops that we've been doing, sometimes we're laying on the ground, rolling around, etc..  I'm not positive what I think about that, but I get the principle.  Anyway, that was pretty gutsy of that young lady! :)

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #820 on: April 18, 2012, 10:19:36 PM
I have informally invited my second guest to the first house recital I will give, and she has a friend who she would like to invite, too, and this gave me a *brrrrrriiiiiilllllliiiiiiaaaannnnnnt* idea  ;D.  Soon, I will send out an actual message to people and I will soon start formalizing dates and times and even call places for the June recitals.  YIP! 

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #821 on: April 20, 2012, 04:07:48 AM
OK, I set a date and sent out 6 official invitations for a "Pu pus and Piano" event at my house on Saturday, May 12th  :).  It feels really neat  :).  This one just so happens to be individuals in their 50's and 60's ... who happen to be single *casually whistles and looks upwards* either because a significant other has passed, or because they are just ... single (but looking!  ;D).  They can also use friends.  

I have also talked with some of my middle school and high school students who will be another house concert audience, and that will be an icecream social :).  I will probably send out some of those messages this evening, too.  My students were excited seeming :).  I'm going to rearrange my living room (yes, including the big, giant piano) in order to get it feeling more concert-like and seating people better.  hmmm :).

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #822 on: April 20, 2012, 04:38:08 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't get "pu pus"?  Apparently.

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #823 on: April 20, 2012, 04:44:09 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't get "pu pus"?  Apparently.

Nope, me too.  I'm guessing it's this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pu_pu_platter

Looks yummy!
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #824 on: April 20, 2012, 04:45:43 AM
Nope, me too.  I'm guessing it's this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pu_pu_platter

Looks yummy!

Yeah!  Although, it will be more loosely employed for this event and just include any kind of appetizer.  mmmmm ... food.  I have been on a strict diet lately and have sometimes been pretty hungry, sometimes so hungry that I am convincing myself I want to move to other, bigger cities just for the delicious foods ... haha ... that's actually kind of real.

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #825 on: April 20, 2012, 07:04:50 AM
OK, I set a date and sent out 6 official invitations for a "Pu pus and Piano" event at my house on Saturday, May 12th  :).  

Hey, that's the night I've planned to go hear Beethoven's 9th!  What time does your concert  commence? :)
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #826 on: April 20, 2012, 10:27:21 AM
OK, I set a date and sent out 6 official invitations for a "Pu pus and Piano" event at my house on Saturday, May 12th  :).  It feels really neat  :).  This one just so happens to be individuals in their 50's and 60's ... who happen to be single *casually whistles and looks upwards* either because a significant other has passed, or because they are just ... single (but looking!  ;D).  They can also use friends.  

I have also talked with some of my middle school and high school students who will be another house concert audience, and that will be an icecream social :).  I will probably send out some of those messages this evening, too.  My students were excited seeming :).  I'm going to rearrange my living room (yes, including the big, giant piano) in order to get it feeling more concert-like and seating people better.  hmmm :).

Haha just last monday I have set a date for a home recital at a student's house, the same day, May 12th, !  8)

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #827 on: April 21, 2012, 12:00:11 AM
Hey, that's the night I've planned to go hear Beethoven's 9th!  What time does your concert  commence? :)

Well, individuals will gather at about 6:45pm, and I am planning to give them time to select some delicious snacks and then I'll probably start playing at about 7pm.  It seems it will truly happen, though I may branch out to some individuals who are married, too, etc..  One person got back to me saying she couldn't because she will be out of town for mother's day, but she was really excited and wants to be included in the next one that I do.  

Haha just last monday I have set a date for a home recital at a student's house, the same day, May 12th, !  8)

Very cool :).  I guess there will be lots of music in the world :).

It also appears the icecream social will be on Saturday, May 5th.  I've extended my invitation for that to select students in my piano classes and three in my violin class at the school (plus some others from last semester).  It's really ... inspiring how excited they are about it.  It's already bringing a new and very needed dynamic to my life :).

Since it seems quite sure these will happen, the next steps will be to start more officially planning the next levels up.  For me this is not just a single event, but I find myself having a whole new concept of life to embrace, which I am happy to be doing.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #828 on: April 23, 2012, 02:01:14 PM
May 12 ?? That's my doggie's birthday!!!  :)  8) the one who is an angel now...

Oh today I have a little more time even though it is Monday... but my piano teacher didn't have time today so I will have my piano lesson on Wednesday instead... and not that I wouldn't want to go to my piano lesson but it's just too many things in one day for me, because then in the evening I also have my music theory... so when i have my piano lesson I feel like I'm just running around the whole day!! but now I'll have to go try practice music theory, because I haven't for a reeeeealllyyy long time even though I'm always planning to.  ::)
And I'm tired... I mean I just get so nervous cause there are so many things I want to do or need to do and then I just can't! and after a while I start feeling really bad! But this week on Friday holidays start!!! so I'm happy about that!!!!!!  :P  :P  8)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #829 on: April 23, 2012, 08:47:02 PM
Well I haven't practiced music theory as much as I thought I would... had too many other things to do and I couldn't find my music theory books!  ::) but it wasn't too bad at music theory... I only got confused at the end with intervals fourths and fifhths... now I REALLY need to start practicing!!!

Offline roseamelia

• PS Silver Member
Reply #830 on: April 23, 2012, 09:39:31 PM
I'm fine and can't wait till I eat my dinner having Delicious Kabob's  can even smell them. (I'm in the USA so it's about six o'clock.)
But Jesus looked at them and said "With man this is impossible, but with God ALL things are possible!"<br /><br />~Jesus Matthew 19:26

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #831 on: April 23, 2012, 09:56:19 PM
Well, my icecream social concert for my students has turned into two concerts, one on the 5th and one on the 6th, both from 2-4pm, with parents watching and even my Mom!!  eeeky weeky!  Let me tell ya', there's a fire under me bum!  I'm going to be *so* systematic and like a queen of efficient practicing  ;D.  I'm going to circle wrong notes and everything  ;D.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #832 on: April 23, 2012, 10:06:45 PM
Let me tell ya', there's a fire under me bum!  

Did not know curry was popular in your neck of the woods.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #833 on: April 23, 2012, 10:12:30 PM
Did not know curry was popular in your neck of the woods.

Thal

:D  ah gawd... I *love* curry!  But, after a couple of days off, I'm back on my barely even vaguely-delicious diet, so no curries for me for awhile.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #834 on: April 25, 2012, 01:05:50 PM
Guess what? I'm sick!  :P Not much, but I had a fever at night (I don't know if I still have it now or not) and my throat hurts. Well it's not good that I don't have my piano lesson today cause my teacher said it's better that I still rest today, but I have it tomorrow anyway. You know that when I get sick and my fever is getting higher I always feel like laughing... it's funny  ;D and then my mum is like: have you been drinking?  ;D (she's kidding of course!). I don't know why, but it just seems funny. Is that weird? are there some other people who feel like laughing when they start to get sick and their fever is getting higher?  :-\  :P Probably not. I said to my mum that probably the viruses are having a party cause they think they won or something and they're getting drunk and then I feel like laughing too, but that's why I beat them really quickly!  :P  8)

Oh today's my mum's birthday!  :)  8)

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #835 on: April 25, 2012, 06:04:11 PM
Guess what? I'm sick!  :P Not much, but I had a fever at night (I don't know if I still have it now or not) and my throat hurts. Well it's not good that I don't have my piano lesson today cause my teacher said it's better that I still rest today, but I have it tomorrow anyway. You know that when I get sick and my fever is getting higher I always feel like laughing... it's funny  ;D and then my mum is like: have you been drinking?  ;D (she's kidding of course!). I don't know why, but it just seems funny. Is that weird? are there some other people who feel like laughing when they start to get sick and their fever is getting higher?  :-\  :P Probably not. I said to my mum that probably the viruses are having a party cause they think they won or something and they're getting drunk and then I feel like laughing too, but that's why I beat them really quickly!  :P  8)

Oh today's my mum's birthday!  :)  8)
get well soon, i know being sick is yucky, hopeuflly you can get mum to make your favorite dish or just have lots of ice cream, that' always helps  ;D

i should know better by now than to schedule my biggest performances for the end of the term as they always fall right in the middle of the hardest exam weeks! i generally have verylittle time to practice, little sleep and high stress all of which always affect my playing negatively yet here were are i am at it again and counting down, i just have to take it one day at a time.

breath, breath, first this, then that, oh gosh those will have to wait!....

Offline db05

• PS Silver Member
Reply #836 on: April 26, 2012, 12:29:30 AM
Get well soon, littletune.  ;)

I'm doing pretty good. Just discovered that some arcades still have games for 5 pesos (around 10 American cents). And hammering is a good stress reliever. You win tickets, too. Wheee.

The only downside perhaps, is that I do very badly at musical simulation games. Whether it's guitar or percussion. I wonder if a pianist is usually good at this stuff? I knew a drummer who learned the basics with Drummania, and he turned out to be really good despite the lack of formal training.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #837 on: April 26, 2012, 08:57:56 PM
Thank you 49410enrique and db05 !!  :) :) I'm doing better, but I'm tired and today when I woke up I had a really bad muscle cramp in my whole left leg!!! Like below the knee and above, but it was worse below. I mean it didn't last very long but it was painful and now my leg still hurts! Oh and the wird thing is that I don't feel like eating chocolate and things like that now... (usually all I want to eat are sweets!) but I did feel like eating pancakes and strawberries...  :P so I ate a lot of that!  :P
I hope everythng goes well for you Enrique!

I am happy because tomorrow holidays are starting!!!  :P  8)

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #838 on: April 28, 2012, 01:53:27 AM
Well, both the ice cream and piano concerts next weekend are seriously happening and it's starting to seem like the house is going to be really full on both days (bear in mind our house is tiny)!  So is the pu pus and piano one during the weekend after that.  I am really happy that I will be giving two next weekend, back to back.  I think that's going to be really good for me, and then to be giving one again the following week!  Also really good for me.  Also, I have a venue for my first singing plus piano concert ever (and people already wanting to come to that! :))... that will probably be in later June, but I'm thinking about trying to find another venue in a nearby town, too.  hmmm...

I guess I better start deciding on all my outfits  ;D.  I think I will just do one video recording this weekend, on Sunday.  I will treat it like a performance.  I'm not going to do take after take, just once as though that's all I have.  I *think.*

:)

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #839 on: April 28, 2012, 11:31:58 PM
Yippeee!  I got a check in the mail today; somebody donated to my cause  ;D !!  It is encouraging :).

I'll tell ya', though, there seriously might be 15-20(+?) people at each of my icecream concerts ... don't forget, my Mom, too!  She's going to be at both!  That's really nice of her!  OK, this is the part where I must start growing beyond planning stages and into the part where I am doing it ... in a week.  ONE week!!!   I realize I will need to be a better person ...

*I'm starving*

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #840 on: April 30, 2012, 10:45:47 PM
Today I had a first lesson with my new voice teacher and her husband.  It was ME.GA ;D.  They said I have a lot of metal in my voice ... that's a new description for me ... what does it mean?  me don't know.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #841 on: April 30, 2012, 11:18:23 PM
I'll take some money if anyone's handing it out. 
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #842 on: May 01, 2012, 01:13:12 AM
Would you like to know something else?  They think that maybe my voice will devour the whole planet once I get rid of some tension (which is really there, and I've kind of been aware of it but not fully, but now I'm aware of it and I know why it's there!)!  

Piano moved into new position ... check.  I am about to vacuum the moses outta this place.  Our vacuum broke a couple months ago and all we have is a ragedy ol' shopvac ... that's what I'm going to use to vacuum this place up ...

Plus, I *did* wear a dress all day!  And, I *am* going to wear a dress maybe all week!  Ta da!  I'm about to vacuum in a dress.  Plus, would you like to know what?  Some pants are HUGE on me now ... unwearable, in fact.  Ta da!

Pretty soon I will take care of a few more things, but I am then going to officially begin my voyage into that other place ... *gets on the sailboat*  Pretty soon, I might get *hilarious*  ;D

I'll take some money if anyone's handing it out.  

*intercepts all "purse" going towards Bob and reroutes to personal, off-shore banking account*

Would anybody like to be in the circle of supporters for my studies and performances?  ;D :-* 8) ::)  That's what my in-laws called it ... they forwarded the message to me, which they sent out to people ... no aliens ... it's a very cool circle, don't ya' know.

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #843 on: May 01, 2012, 08:48:34 AM
Today I had a first lesson with my new voice teacher and her husband.  It was ME.GA ;D.  They said I have a lot of metal in my voice ... that's a new description for me ... what does it mean?  me don't know.

They may have meant mettle.  That works. :)

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #844 on: May 01, 2012, 05:35:29 PM
They may have meant mettle.  That works. :)

Maybe!  It was in conjunction with her talking about a voice's ability to carry over an entire orchestra (but related to concepts for me technically, too)... which, intellectually doesn't make sense and has to do with quality of sound (which, btw, I think is very interesting in conjunction with something Marik recently posted about regarding the quality of sound with piano playing, too!).  I have this intuition that I am embarking on a new era in my singing, and that this has a fundamental importance to my musical development overall.  Day by day, step by step, the path is trod :).

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #845 on: May 01, 2012, 06:05:44 PM
They may have meant mettle.  That works. :)

Goldy this is cool! I didn't even know about that word before.  :)
On the other hand, yes I actually noticed some metal in your voice, m1469. It always seemed to me like you had a "golden" voice  :)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #846 on: May 01, 2012, 07:27:40 PM
"How are you doing right now?"

I love my life, I enjoy my life! :)

The older I get (I'll soon turn 48) the more I look back and recapitulate my experiences.

I have so many thoughts and feelings about everything. About music and life, about my particular individual life, about love, about humanity, about earth, knowledge, consciousness, awareness, about the fact that we actually have no limits to knowledge (this is in particular very important to me).

But what stroke me most on my little bike ride, today (I'd love to have more time for bicycling btw  ::)):   

In some sense I really love the "dark" sides of my life! I don't mean "evil", just "dark", shadowy. I encountered them quite early, when I was young (like 17-18):  Extreme lonelyness, extreme sadness, often walking on a precipice between life and death, struggling with overwhelming metaphysical questions that nobody in my environment could answer. I love all those questions. Sometimes they kept me alive, sometimes they made me want to die :P

Nothing could ever convince me if I didn't understand it in depth. Nothing ever had the power to kill me, nothing ever had the power to make me surrender.

So, still going strong, for no absolute reason. Only to live my life and my message and my voice.

If I fail 1000 times at communicating my message and everybody's laughing at me, so what? I'll try a 1001st time :)

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #847 on: May 02, 2012, 04:46:30 PM
"How are you doing right now?"

I love my life, I enjoy my life! :)

The older I get (I'll soon turn 48) the more I look back and recapitulate my experiences.

I have so many thoughts and feelings about everything. About music and life, about my particular individual life, about love, about humanity, about earth, knowledge, consciousness, awareness, about the fact that we actually have no limits to knowledge (this is in particular very important to me).

But what stroke me most on my little bike ride, today (I'd love to have more time for bicycling btw  ::)):  

In some sense I really love the "dark" sides of my life! I don't mean "evil", just "dark", shadowy. I encountered them quite early, when I was young (like 17-18):  Extreme lonelyness, extreme sadness, often walking on a precipice between life and death, struggling with overwhelming metaphysical questions that nobody in my environment could answer. I love all those questions. Sometimes they kept me alive, sometimes they made me want to die :P

Nothing could ever convince me if I didn't understand it in depth. Nothing ever had the power to kill me, nothing ever had the power to make me surrender.

So, still going strong, for no absolute reason. Only to live my life and my message and my voice.

If I fail 1000 times at communicating my message and everybody's laughing at me, so what? I'll try a 1001st time :)

I like this.  I would like to say that people don't laugh, because somewhere in me I really believe that if we speak straight from the soul, it's impossible for there to be no communication, but I waffle on that subject for years now.  I do think more and more that if people are inclined towards laughing at a person who expresses something very deep and personal, that it is more that person's own shortcomings that they are uncomfortable with (even if on a subconscious level).  In any event, I appreciate that you feel you have a message to communicate, and that you are a person in the world who bothers to do so. :)

On the other hand, yes I actually noticed some metal in your voice, m1469. It always seemed to me like you had a "golden" voice  :)

:) Thank you, that's very nice - what I can say is that I feel already a transformation taking place ... granted, I was very ready, too (in almost every detail of being ready).  But, it is quite interesting how I found this teacher and how it all came about, and the fact that it seems like just the right step for now.  I feel like I am getting to know my voice, my real voice, for the very first time.  And, I feel I have the space of the whole world to sing into.  Still, step by step, day by day, the path is trod :).  I am happy to be on my path and it's amazing, sometimes, to me, to find the absolutely amazing individuals I encounter along the way. :)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #848 on: May 02, 2012, 06:21:38 PM
m1469 and Wolfi that's really great!!  :)  8)  :)

Well this cold that I have (or whatever it is) just doesn't want to go away completely... I mean I'm ok and I don't have a fever... but I am still more tired for no reason and a few days ago I started coughing really a lot and twice my nose started bleeding (first time just a little and yesterday night more)... but well it doesn't matter.  :P It's cool cause I have holidays!  8) but tomorrow I have my piano lesson anyway, but then I won't have piano lessons for a whole next week cause my teacher is going somewhere. Oh and it's sooo warm here now since last week it's like summer!!!  :o  :)

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #849 on: May 03, 2012, 08:08:32 AM

:)

On the other hand, yes I actually noticed some metal in your voice, m1469. It always seemed to me like you had a "golden" voice  :)

I told her once Wolfi that she was like Sinatra, who they simply called, "The Voice". :)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert