Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: SHAKE YOUR TAILFEATHER!  (Read 7740 times)

Offline silvaone

• PS Silver Member
SHAKE YOUR TAILFEATHER!
on: June 20, 2005, 12:09:15 AM
just tryin to learn shake your tailfeather, I htink the intro sounds quite nice and authentic :)

do right right uh-huh! woooooooooh!

just learnt it using the chords, with a transcribed opening, great stuff!

- Silva

Offline silvaone

• PS Silver Member
Re: SHAKE YOUR TAILFEATHER!
Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 09:11:05 PM
this forum should learn to embrace rather than exclude  ::)

Offline exigence

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 02:00:21 AM
this forum should learn to embrace rather than exclude  ::)

::)

Well, I can't say that I'd listen to that sort of thing all the time much less play it, but I think it's kind of cool.  I wouldn't be so daring as to try to critique your playing because I don't think I know enough about, um, anything :) to really do so, but just going by initial impression, I thought it was pretty neat.  =]

Offline Siberian Husky

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 03:55:22 AM
no one replies because they feel their objective foundation on this genre doesnt allow them to comfortably critique...but in all honesty..what does objectivity have to do with art in an expressive profile?...

i think..it is HILARIOUS..how over prided some pianist are..and i'll say it..there are some on this forum...but when it comes down to it..they are simply compiled versions of textbooks, facts, statistics, and objective findings...which only congest their ability to open their mind

i also..think it is funny...this trendy notion that seems to insinuate that musical taste is acquired..a taste for art in superiority is DEVELOPED..it is learned and earned...as much as i'll vouche for the authenticity and quality of experience and knowledge...this is not to be confused with egotistical fixations...fixations of the "right"..the "wrong"...when in reality...there is only..the "beautiful"..and the "ugly"...the beautiful being familiar and identifiable..and the "ugly" simply being a lack of understanding..a misinterpretation or sorts...or perhaps preferenced judgement....

lets try and stop thinking lower of others..because of their diffences...

and if thats not the case

lets try to stop believing we arent entitled to expressive opinion without ignorant intervention..beacuse these opinionated manfestations are very much possible..and can also be appreciated under the right circumstances..these circumstances insinuate that we stop thinking of music as a hierarchy of sorts..but rather endulge in differences regardless of origin/objectivity/characteristics or melodic attributes...this is not the purpose of music...widening the perspective..objectivity in expression is somewhat of a paradox...lets try to embrace this idea..it helps...

but silva..i think the gig is pretty sweet man..i dont know if its just the way you play..or your piano...but it sounds like the tone color of your piano really fits these blues and jazzy gigs you play..keep up the good work..hopefully one day nils will make a blues'n'jazz thread because piano is as prevalent in this genre as any other...and lets not  take "well you can post about it in the forums provided" as an answer..because we all know that this genre is somewhat opressed (perhaps too strong of a word?) on this website...mainly beacuse of people's lack of education on it...it would be nice to isolate this genre and perhaps shed light on it...it will only help if anything...hope nils reads this..anyhoo now im just rambling..good show silva post more where you can

-Luis
A.K.A. Siberian Husky
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Offline exigence

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 03:56:56 AM
Dare I ask if you were including me in that?

Offline Siberian Husky

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 08:14:16 AM
lets just put it this way...listen to silva's piece again..maybe..4-5 times..geta  good feel for it...and just give your opinion on it....technically..expressively..musically...audibly...combine all these aspects together..and just give it a shot
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Offline silvaone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005, 07:52:52 PM
thanks Husky I like your post, very deep..... as Ray Charles used to say ''There can only be 2 kinds of music, good and bad, period!''

I actualy used my 10 yr old yamaha keyboard for that partuicular sample but I got a new yamaha clavinova clp-150 today and plan to make many many more recordings :) I played for over 6 hours straight today haha and wish I could do more......... but I have other commitments :) so goodbye to the old piano and hello to an endless amount of possibility

hopefully this will improve my playing, I feel I have more control when playing boogie woogie than I used to already :)

peace

- Silva

Offline i_m_robot

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: June 28, 2005, 11:20:16 PM
no one replies because they feel their objective foundation on this genre doesnt allow them to comfortably critique...but in all honesty..what does objectivity have to do with art in an expressive profile?...

i think..it is HILARIOUS..how over prided some pianist are..and i'll say it..there are some on this forum...but when it comes down to it..they are simply compiled versions of textbooks, facts, statistics, and objective findings...which only congest their ability to open their mind

i also..think it is funny...this trendy notion that seems to insinuate that musical taste is acquired..a taste for art in superiority is DEVELOPED..it is learned and earned...as much as i'll vouche for the authenticity and quality of experience and knowledge...this is not to be confused with egotistical fixations...fixations of the "right"..the "wrong"...when in reality...there is only..the "beautiful"..and the "ugly"...the beautiful being familiar and identifiable..and the "ugly" simply being a lack of understanding..a misinterpretation or sorts...or perhaps preferenced judgement....

lets try and stop thinking lower of others..because of their diffences...

and if thats not the case

lets try to stop believing we arent entitled to expressive opinion without ignorant intervention..beacuse these opinionated manfestations are very much possible..and can also be appreciated under the right circumstances..these circumstances insinuate that we stop thinking of music as a hierarchy of sorts..but rather endulge in differences regardless of origin/objectivity/characteristics or melodic attributes...this is not the purpose of music...widening the perspective..objectivity in expression is somewhat of a paradox...lets try to embrace this idea..it helps...

but silva..i think the gig is pretty sweet man..i dont know if its just the way you play..or your piano...but it sounds like the tone color of your piano really fits these blues and jazzy gigs you play..keep up the good work..hopefully one day nils will make a blues'n'jazz thread because piano is as prevalent in this genre as any other...and lets not  take "well you can post about it in the forums provided" as an answer..because we all know that this genre is somewhat opressed (perhaps too strong of a word?) on this website...mainly beacuse of people's lack of education on it...it would be nice to isolate this genre and perhaps shed light on it...it will only help if anything...hope nils reads this..anyhoo now im just rambling..good show silva post more where you can

-Luis
A.K.A. Siberian Husky

ah so 8)
WATASHI NO NAMAE WA

AI EMU ROBATO DESU

立派のエビの苦闘及びは立派である

Offline Siberian Husky

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 06:08:09 PM
robot..you just call me an ***..i'll have you know...i own you
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert