Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: 3 New recordings (one mp3) assortment of Ray Charles  (Read 3073 times)

Offline silvaone

• PS Silver Member
3 new recordings:

1st is with a Vintage Electric Piano Voice for an authentic sound on the Ray Charles Song ''What'd I say''

2nd is a recording of a few pages of the Leon Russel song ''A Song For You'' performed by Ray charles - sounds semi-classical, no blues

3rd is a complete recording of the Gospel/Blues song ''Drown in My Own Tears'' - been described as Gershwinesque

All are not perfect as I am only a beginner and they are quite ocmplicated....

and for all you purists dont worry theres no Boogie Woogie here :)

take care

- Silva

Offline Siberian Husky

• PS Silver Member
Re: 3 New recordings (one mp3) assortment of Ray Charles
Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 05:56:33 PM
that second one with the trickle down effect..is the SAME intro used in

Common ft. Lauryn Hill- "retrospect"
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Offline silvaone

• PS Silver Member
Re: 3 New recordings (one mp3) assortment of Ray Charles
Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 11:42:21 PM
yo Husky I just downloaded it from slsk its dope thanks :)

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert