Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: 2 Improvs - September 16, 2005 - Prepared piano!  (Read 3623 times)

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
2 Improvs - September 16, 2005 - Prepared piano!
on: September 17, 2005, 07:13:39 AM
Here are two prepared piano improvs I did.  The first one has moments of Messiaen inspired ideas.  Second one is sort of a warped blues scale idea.  Near the end I loose the stride because one of the wedges in the strings fell through and I was trying to retreive it while playing. 

Mic: (2x) Studio Projects B1
Interface: Edirol UA-25
Piano: Yamaha C3
Items in piano: calculators, broken PDA, wood stick, casette tapes, metal coat hanger, metal ruler, orange caps off Canon ink cartridges. 

Enjoy!
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Re: 2 Improvs - September 16, 2005 - Prepared piano
Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 11:21:25 AM
#2, plus a picture of the items inside the piano.
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Re: 2 Improvs - September 16, 2005 - Prepared piano!
Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 02:15:27 PM
Hmm, let's try again.  Here's the picture. 

Offline liszt1022

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 03:49:18 PM
I really like #1, it makes me wish I had a baby grand. Preparing an upright seems harder.

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 02:53:38 AM
Thanks. 

There is an advantage to using an upright: You can mute strings or create harmonic nodes with your feet while having both hands free on the keys.  Just open up the bottom pannel of the piano. 

Offline Etude

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 06:59:11 PM
Hehehe, I used to love improvising on prepared piano.  Nice!   :)

That's also the best preparation I've heard in the first one at 4:37 for example.  ;)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert