Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Yamaha P-200 Electronic Piano (Debussy Arabesque #1)  (Read 4738 times)

Offline violinist

• PS Silver Member
Yamaha P-200 Electronic Piano (Debussy Arabesque #1)
on: September 25, 2005, 10:13:28 PM
My first piano was the Yamaha P-200 electronic piano.  Now I have a steinway (going on 4 weeks now).  It's surprising how different the touch and action.

You can hear me struggling with the P-200 on this file.

Look for my other thread with the 3AM playing on my steinway of the same piece so you can compare the tonal qualities.. 

I love piano!!!!  Just getting started.  Thanks to all for inspiration.  I have a lot to learn.  I don't have a piano teacher (yet).  But I'm learning from you.  Please write me some criticisms. 

My own criticisms of this Yamaha p-200 playing.

Some notes are brought out too loud - trouble with the action/touch - very different than the steinway.

Of course there are missed notes.
Practice!

Offline violinist

• PS Silver Member
Re: Yamaha P-200 Electronic Piano (Debussy Arabesque #1)
Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 05:25:21 AM
Anybody know how many "layers" this digital piano has?  the P-200..  I think layers means being sampled at different hammer velocities... 

Or somebody educate me.
Practice!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert