Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: A piece for piano composed by me!  (Read 2497 times)

Offline Jacey1973

• PS Silver Member
A piece for piano composed by me!
on: December 06, 2005, 10:36:14 PM
Dear All,

This is the second of 3 little pieces I composed for piano solo in my final year of university.

It was performed last April in a lunchtime concert by a professional pianist along with other piano pieces composed by students of my university that the pianist chose to perform.

I composed it during last spring (2005) term.

Thoughts, comments?

"Mozart makes you believe in God - it cannot be by chance that such a phenomenon arrives into this world and then passes after 36 yrs, leaving behind such an unbounded no. of unparalled masterpieces"

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Re: A piece for piano composed by me!
Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 11:15:45 PM
it has a nice flow.  sound similar to poulenc!  yet, i hear your individual style.  (i like the combo of resolution into tonality occasionally, yet maintaining an 'ives' feel at the end).

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert