Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: B Flat Minor Polanaise Composition for My Hero  (Read 3322 times)

Offline tuckerkao

• PS Silver Member
B Flat Minor Polanaise Composition for My Hero
on: April 07, 2006, 09:14:58 PM
I have composed a new piano piece using the combined skills and emotions from Chopin's Heroic Polanaise, Military Polanaise, Henrah's Serenade and perheps some transitional feelings from Star Wars' Imperial March.

The link below will direct you to the listen page online. If the mp3 player doen't work on your browser, you may download the audio in the attachment also. You may open the .pdf file to view my sheet music.

https://www.fanmusicreview.com/displaystory.jsp?id=1225

Please leave some comments about your thoughts and feels.

Offline avetma

• PS Silver Member
Re: B Flat Minor Polanaise Composition for My Hero
Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 08:13:02 AM
It seems to me that you took way too much motifs from heroic polonaise. Try to do something that is original. Don't copy chopin; nobody needs that.

Offline henrah

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 11:06:24 AM
Can't listen to it right now as I'm at school, but I shall have a listen once I'm back at home.

Btw, it's not my serenade. It's my friends, and his name is Barnaby. Such a cool name, loads of nicknames spring off of it, like Bananaby eheh:P
Henrah
Currently learning:<br />Liszt- Consolation No.3<br />J.W.Hässler- Sonata No.6 in C, 2nd mvt<br />Glière- No.10 from 12 Esquisses, Op.47<br />Saint-Saens- VII Aquarium<br />Mozart- Fantasie KV397<br /

Offline tuckerkao

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 05:58:39 PM
Sorry, I was having hard time finding this particular thread that I started during the past week, that's why I replied it late.

Hey henrah, I'm glad you enjoy my Polanaise composition and hopefully my sheet music is playable for you. For my compositional personality, harmony minors are always my most favorable theme key which emphasized the strong passions and complex emotions. Is Barnaby the same person as Jack Lemonliam? Since banana and lemon are both common fruits that we eat.

Offline pagim

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 11:33:22 AM
Even it's sound nice, but I prefer your idea!!

use its inspiration to cimpose, but please don't use its inspiration to copy.

I enjoy listen to, but i'd like you to try other piece that is standed the same difficulty that its your idea, even it would be any composer's style.

ps.  if you like chopin,then write another piece in Chopin's style.

Offline tuckerkao

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 06:54:01 PM
"Archaeological Discovery in Oxfordshire" is my the other piano composition using Chopin's Polanaise style. You can scroll down the first page of the audtion forum to find the topic thread. I have also composed "Testimony and Trial" and "Battlefront of Continental Soil" which you can find them on https://www.fanmusicreview.com/selectprofileportfolio.jsp?userid=3062

Offline pagim

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 12:34:11 PM
I've written a lot of pieces, but i never copy otehers, but i use styles of them or myself.
your piece is nice but i think it's too much like that heroique polonaise.

Here's my work, i'll list it for you to see and i'll place a short disscussion after the name
Op.1(Children Piano pieces)
Op.1 No.1 : Blossoms in D(binary form), 2.35
Op.1 No.2 : Doggie on the holiday in C (Binary form), 5.24
Op.1 No.3 : Don't touch me in C#minor(Rondo form), 4.41
Op.1 No.4 : Rainforest in G#mionor(Minuet style), 7.54

Op.2(Niagara Falls Symphonie)
Mvt.1 : in C minor(Allegro non troppo), 18.32
Mvt.2 : in Ab minor(Andante), 7.54
Mvt.3 : in G(Allegro con brio), 15.20
Mvt.4 : in C minor(Presto), 17.17

Op.3(Canon)
Canon in Ab minor, 12.06

Op.4(Violin Concerto)
Mvt.1 : in F minor, 8.04
Mvt.2 : in D, 4.25
Mvt.3 : in F minor, 7.55

Op.5(Piano Sonata)
Mvt.1 : in Cb major(Allegro non troppo), 8.56
Mvt.2 : in Ab minor(Adagio), 6.28
Mvt.3 : in Bb minor(Allegretto), 5.30
Mvt.4 : in Cb major(Prestissimo),8.43

Op.6(Piano Sonata)
Mvt.1 : in C minor(Allegro assai), 19.54
Mvt.2 : in F major(Agagio sustenuto), 10.22
Mvt.3 : in C major(Allegro), 15.54
Mvt.4 : in C minor(Presto), 18.31

Op.7(Piano Concerto)
Mvt.1 : in C# major(allegro con brio), 15.24
Mvt.2 : in B major(Largo), 12.11
Mvt.3 : in C# major(allegro assai), 17.55

and now, i'm writing Op.8(piano sonata in C minor)   but i didn't copy any music from the others, i like your piece but i'd like you to try your or other composers style, not piece.
pls note that your piece don't sounds like existed piece

Offline donjuan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 03:14:56 PM
you know, the military and heroic polonaises sound great with the melodies Chopin gave them in the first place.  It sounds like you screwed around with the melodies while keeping the rhythm the same.  You just can't do that; Rhythm and melody work together, and if you change one, youd better change the other to accomodate it.

That said, I think you really know yoiur theory and how to write music.  You should scrap this piece, and if you want to pay tribute to Chopin, in a completely new work, just add in a moment of reflection or something (sort of like how Tchaikovsky puts the french national anthem into his 1812 overture) and them move on! Don't dwell on it. 

But it was great to see how much effort you put into it.

Offline simoncowellforclassical

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 01:26:32 AM
I agree with most of the comments. Complete Ripoff or what I would call in the Pop World Re-Mix. I wouldnt say I composed this.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert