Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: First year Composition  (Read 2886 times)

Offline greyrune

• PS Silver Member
First year Composition
on: July 25, 2006, 01:16:50 PM
Hi,

This is my final first year composition "Dance in a Golden Smithy" played at our composers forum concert.   I know the name's a little rubbish, it's supposed to be a pun on Goldsmiths, the name of my college.  I only had two 20 min rehursals with the violinist and cellist so it kind of falls apart just before the recap and the violinist plays the second main melody wrong, along with a few other bum notes.  I've posted the live and midi versions in case anyone wants to hear what the right notes are but with rubbish sound.  Love to know what you guys think.

Gerard Rundell
I'll be Bach

Offline greyrune

• PS Silver Member
Re: First year Composition
Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 02:30:15 PM
By the way it's a piano trio so there is me playing piano in there, it's not just strings, in case you thought I was on the wrong forum.  Any comments?
I'll be Bach

Offline greyrune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 03:55:32 PM
Nothing?  I would love some feedback, critisism is more than welcome.  The harmony and melody are supposed to be a little unexpected, but it's supposed to be basically tonal.  Any comments would be appreciated.
I'll be Bach

Offline franz_

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 03:58:53 PM
Unfortunely I can't open it. My realplayer is to old are sumthing.
Currently learing:
- Chopin: Ballade No.3
- Scriabin: Etude Op. 8 No. 2
- Rachmaninoff: Etude Op. 33 No. 6
- Bach: P&F No 21 WTC I

Offline pedroarvy

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 01:58:09 AM
These files cant be opened

Offline greyrune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 01:21:07 PM
sorry about that, hopefully this should work now.
I'll be Bach
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert