Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Chopin Etude Op. 25 No.10 (Octave)  (Read 5483 times)

Offline viking

• PS Silver Member
Chopin Etude Op. 25 No.10 (Octave)
on: September 25, 2006, 01:18:30 AM
Here is a copy of my recording I just made yesterday for the the Montreal Symphony Orchestra Competition.  I will be competiting in the Piano B class (17 yrs and under).  If anyone else is competiting in this, I would love to hear what you have sent in!

Sam

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopin Etude Op. 25 No.10 (Octave)
Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 05:57:20 AM
Quite good. 
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline viking

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 11:21:54 PM
Thanks.  Anyone else?

Offline journeyyourmind

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 07:20:50 PM
I honestly enojoyed it quite well, I don't know all I can say is that from other interpretations I've heard they tend to be a bit faster and more violent with the octaves. And I really enjoyed your touch with the slower parts.

Offline thierry13

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 11:35:52 PM
What is the website ? I'd like to enter it... I tought it was for violin this year.

Offline viking

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 05:15:09 AM
Sorry to say but the applications had to be sent in by Sept.29th.  You can check out the competition at www.osm.ca, go to OSM Youth the bottom of the screen, and read the rules.  It is for Voice, PianoA and PianoB this year.

Sam
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert