Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Short piece I wrote....  (Read 2363 times)

Offline ccnokes

• PS Silver Member
Short piece I wrote....
on: December 08, 2006, 05:45:06 PM
This is a short kind of ragtime-esque piece I wrote using Sibelius.  Its attatched below in MIDI format. I had fun with it and wanted to know what you all thought. 

I don't know much about music theory so if it sounds weird or scattered somehow that maybe why. 

Anyways, I'm open to criticisms of all kinds and would appreciate it. 

Enjoy.
"Maybe there's something more to life than being really, really, really, ridiculously good-looking." --Zoolander

Offline jpianoflorida

• PS Silver Member
Re: Short piece I wrote....
Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 06:53:18 PM
i like it! has a "scott joplin" kind of sound to me!    I can feel the mood, well at least I think so.      I do like the piece.  Have you composed very much?   

Offline ccnokes

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 10:36:07 PM
Thanks for listening jpiano.  Have I composed much? Not really.  I started learning piano 3 years ago and only recently started playing around with composing.  Of all the stuff I've done, most if it I don't comlete and a lot of it I don't really consider "serious," like resembling more of a rock/pop song than classical/jazz.  The hardest part for me is deciding which chord to use next and devleoping the composition into something larger.

Anyways, thanks for responding.
"Maybe there's something more to life than being really, really, really, ridiculously good-looking." --Zoolander

Offline jpianoflorida

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 10:46:13 PM
only 3 years of piano? wow..you are very good if you can do that after only 3 years.you must have a "gift" of music.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert