Piano Forum

Topic: mozart fantasie k 475  (Read 3280 times)

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
mozart fantasie k 475
on: January 31, 2007, 06:01:44 PM
here is a retake.  sorry about a few spots not being as clear - or notes a little off.

Offline counterpoint

• PS Silver Member
Re: mozart fantasie k 475
Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 07:47:07 PM
Pianistimo, you are a wonderful Mozart player!

You have the right feeling for these fine dynamic shadings, flexible tempo and sense for harmonic subtleties. This Fantasy is so picky, it could sound really bad, if the pianist hasn't the feeling for it. It's your best recording until now, a really really good one.

I'm quite sure, that some people will mocking about the tempo (too fast at the beginning, too slow at the Allegro and the Piu Allegro parts). One has to get accustomed to it, because the piece is so widely known and there is a special tradition of how fast/how slow to play the different parts of it. I like the fast beginning, the allegri could be much faster in my opion. But it's your choice, and it doesn't sound wrong in the slower tempo.

It's a good feeling to know, that there a people around, that are sensible for this sort of fragil music and not only interested in tempo records and making a lot of noise  :D
If it doesn't work - try something different!

Offline piano121

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 08:33:55 PM
Indeed. Itīs quite nice this time. thanks for posting such a beautifull recording. It seems you have quite a large repertoire, just need to polish the pieces a bit. Do you play some of Mozartīs sonatas? I would like to listen to your interpretation.

All the Best.
P121

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 08:53:05 PM
dear counterpoint,  i'm actually amazed that you like my fast ending.  (tho, i like it myself). but, agreed -that the allegro and the piu allegro have to go faster. 

and, thanks piano121--yes. i need to polish everything.  i broke my leg midstream.  now, i'm fed up with halfbaked everything.  last night they were begging me to go to sleep and this morning i got up at five and started practicng.  i put in three hours today.  unusuall - but it can be done.  i'm slightly tired right now.

how many mozart sonatas do you want to hear right now?  how about one and then if you like it, i'll post more.

Offline rachfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 03:17:54 AM
Pianistimo,

I'm very impressed.  You have a wonderful feel for Mozart's music.  Great!
Interpreting music means exploring the promise of the potential of possibilities.

Offline rach n bach

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 11:08:36 PM
Wow  :o
Great job, you can really play Mozart... only thing I have to say is that the recording volume is a bit low, but that's just the sound tech in me coming out...   ::)

RnB
I'm an optimist... but I don't think it's helping...

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 11:34:11 PM
never say you're a sound tech.  everyone wants one!  the sad thing is - my husband is too - but he doesn't have time right now.  but, i have this midi converter from midi to mp3 - but the thing is that the nuances of an acoustic piano are much better.  for one thing -i can hardly play 'p' on this midi.  either the notes don't sound or are suddenly too loud.  i've done some adjusting of my technique (or loss of it?) to match the midi keyboard.  pedalling these things is funny too.  i have no una chorda and only the damper.  the keyboard is touch sensitive.  that helps a bit.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert