Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: rachmaninov prelude op 23 #2  (Read 4897 times)

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
rachmaninov prelude op 23 #2
on: February 13, 2007, 03:37:47 AM
this is for dannyelfboy.  three days of practice and it's still kinda slow.  but, i really like the piece.  this is just the 'return' section.  still working the middle. 

Offline imbetter

• PS Silver Member
Re: rachmaninov prelude op 23 #2
Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 01:14:16 AM
no offense or anything but you should really perfect a piece before posting it here.
"My advice to young musicians: Quit music! There is no choice. It has to be a calling, and even if it is and you think there's a choice, there is no choice"-Vladimir Feltsman

Offline jakev2.0

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 01:44:58 AM
Hypocrisy.

Offline imbetter

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 01:56:10 AM
omg how many times do i have to tell you. That recording WAS A JOKE and ill give you another recording of you want.
"My advice to young musicians: Quit music! There is no choice. It has to be a calling, and even if it is and you think there's a choice, there is no choice"-Vladimir Feltsman

Offline jre58591

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 05:47:13 AM
omg how many times do i have to tell you. That recording WAS A JOKE and ill give you another recording of you want.
i want one. go record something to your fullest potential and then pm me it.
Please Visit: https://www.pianochat.co.nr
My YouTube Videos: https://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=jre58591

Offline steinwaymodeld

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 08:46:50 AM
nice sight-reading
Perfection itself is imperfection - Vladimir Horowitz

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 04:56:11 PM
finally.  someone who understands.  i mean this was a competition of sorts.  to see who could play it without having seen it before.  i'm waiting for opus10no2's reply.  but, apparently he's off romancing.  i suppose i will be stuck with this chopin etude op 10 #4 forever.

he sent jake to plague me with a reality i already knew about.  i * at etudes.  in fact, when i went in for lessons at west chester - and the teacher gave me an etude - i blankly said 'i can't play those.'  then he said...'yes you can .  i'll show you how.'  well, the thing is he gave me some great tips and i CAN play chopin - but i'm sort of a beginner with chopin etudes - he can't exactly give me his brain.  i get so far into the piece and then some sort of neural connection breakdown happens and even if practiced a section over and over - one note does the whole thing in.  i've been recording and rerecording over and over this stupid etude and i can't get the whole thing in one shot.  it makes me want to kill myself.  unless i record it slow - which i won't do to opus 10no2's satisfaction.

Offline imbetter

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 09:34:14 PM
i want one. go record something to your fullest potential and then pm me it.

ill make one sometime today and have it ready by tommarrow. acctualy, ill put it in the audition room.

Offline benechan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 08:55:32 AM
You'll find this useful: Performance and Practice Notes – Rachmaninov Prelude in Bb Major by Robert Emanuel [opus 23 no.2] from the Piano Sage Blog
https://pianosage.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/performance-and-practice-notes.html
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert