Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Malevolent Suite parts 1&2  (Read 3240 times)

Offline pianogeek_cz

• PS Silver Member
Malevolent Suite parts 1&2
on: June 09, 2007, 09:36:38 PM
Part One: Fiendish Intentions
Part Two: Sinister Intentions

The Malevolent Suite is my latest improvisationary project and the only one I'm satisfied enough with to share. It is not purely spontaneous, I have experimented with the themes (which I just happened to stumble upon, one by one, while doing some random improvising) and have roughly thought out the layout of each of the parts. Unfortunately, the four of them don't fit into one post, as together the suite exceeds 20 MB (and minutes), so I have to split it into two posts.

Feedback, as always, welcome. Constructive criticism even more so.

Enjoy! *evil grin*
Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz (Without cunning a nation shall fall,  Salvation Come By Many Good Counsels)

Offline pianogeek_cz

• PS Silver Member
Re: Malevolent Suite parts 1&2
Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 09:42:59 PM
One specific issue: in part two, I'm seriously conidering cutting out everything past 6:25. Thoughts?
Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz (Without cunning a nation shall fall,  Salvation Come By Many Good Counsels)

Offline arensky

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 01:46:17 AM
Good stuff, reminds me a bit of Prokofiev but not like an imitation. I particularly enjoy the harmonic language of "Fiendish Intentions", it sounds like warped cocktail piano.  8)

I wouldn't cut anything from the second one, but in the first one, I felt the material after 2:21 didn't fit somehow. Not sure why, but that was my reaction. No matter; this is good music, keep writing. Your improvising is very focused and logical to the point where it almost sounds through-composed.
=  o        o  =
   \     '      /   

"One never knows about another one, do one?" Fats Waller

Offline Mozartian

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 04:22:44 PM
Very awesome, you're extremely talented!

Only critique would be that I personally felt that a little more development of the themes in the first one was needed, but that's just me. Keep up the good work. :)

[lau] 10:01 pm: like in 10/4 i think those little slurs everywhere are pointless for the music, but I understand if it was for improving technique

Offline pianogeek_cz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 04:56:47 PM
Heh, yes, the first one seems to be taking fire. I'll give it some more work and re-record, probably.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert