Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Schubert - Op.90 Nr.3 (Practice)  (Read 2798 times)

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Schubert - Op.90 Nr.3 (Practice)
on: July 05, 2007, 11:08:34 AM
Here is a practice track I did today.
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Re: Schubert - Op.90 Nr.3 (Practice)
Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 11:36:37 AM
very singing!  i like how you bring out the bass, too.  it's very even,too.  just a little rubato and not too much.  and the momentum in certain places.  i can definately hear a person singing this 'song.'

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 12:10:51 PM
Thanks.  I worked a lot on phrasing the melody, a lot of times thinking what would a singer do if this was a vocal piece.  I've still got to work out a couple spots though. 

This piece requires a lot of thinking ahead, because the fingers are doing a lot of the same thing all the time.  I'm also trying to iron out those little slips where there is something very similar to another part of the piece, and I'm sometimes not quick enough to think of which variant I have to play at the moment. 
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline rachfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 08:57:02 PM
Hi quantum,

For a "practice run", you certainly turned in a very nice performance here!  You show extraordinary attention to both the overall concept of the composition and to all of the many details within it.  I'm very impressed by your musicality and musicianship.  I liked your control over dynamics, the seamless ornamentation, the restrained nuances that were always in good taste, your wide variety of touch, evenness in playing, your long legato lines, and your deeply-felt expressiveness throughout.  Super!   
Interpreting music means exploring the promise of the potential of possibilities.

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 09:01:50 PM
Thanks Rachfan
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert