Piano Forum

Topic: Liszt - Sonetto no.104 del petrarca (again. from a concert)  (Read 5415 times)

Offline gruffalo

• PS Silver Member
I performed this after the Vaughan Williams. It wasn't the best idea, singing and playing piano in the same concert and one after the other, but it is something i want to be able to do properly at some point.

so yea, this was one huge technical mess, but people still seemed to like it for some reason. after listening to it, i realise how much work i still need to do on it.

Offline thalberg

• PS Silver Member
Re: Liszt - Sonetto no.104 del petrarca (again. from a concert)
Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 09:13:34 AM
I can see why people liked it.  Lots of beauty in that performance.  People don't demand perfection, they just want to feel something--you offer that here.  I really enjoyed it.

Offline gruffalo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 04:00:44 PM
I can see why people liked it.  Lots of beauty in that performance.  People don't demand perfection, they just want to feel something--you offer that here.  I really enjoyed it.

thankyou for listening and for your comments, they were nice to hear.

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 10:31:13 AM
I thought the intro was a little shaky. Overall it was beautiful playing. Some of the fiddly improv type runs and progressions where a little blurry (eg:2:58) but I didn't really care you had me with your beautiful melody lines anyway and you recovered well whenever they crept in. Thumbs up!
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com

Offline gruffalo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 11:06:54 PM
I thought the intro was a little shaky. Overall it was beautiful playing. Some of the fiddly improv type runs and progressions where a little blurry (eg:2:58) but I didn't really care you had me with your beautiful melody lines anyway and you recovered well whenever they crept in. Thumbs up!

thankyou very much for your comments. yea, i messed up the intro. im still not too good playing from cold with nerves. i didnt have any warm up time and the church was rather cold. ive been working on the runs for ages. sometimes they work and sometimes they dont. i  need to drop the piece for a bit and re-work those runs to a greater degree of perfection in my practice and hopefully they will be more consistent in performance situations.

thanks again,

Gruff
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert