Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: "Honesty, and Afterthoughts" -- improv, 8.26.07  (Read 3132 times)

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
"Honesty, and Afterthoughts" -- improv, 8.26.07
on: August 27, 2007, 05:43:22 AM
Been inspired by some outdoor adventures and inner realizations lately.  I am hoping that soon I will kind of fall upon something completely new and more "me" -- however, this particular improv (from today) is something that I would call "honest" and it is based on what I would term "honesty" -- hence its title.

Thanks for listening  :).
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Re: "Honesty, and Afterthoughts" -- improv, 8.26.07
Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 02:59:42 PM
As soon as you post an improv I need to listen and comment. Sorry if it's too much but I simply can't resist ;D And today I actually have made quite a few efforts to be not the first. :P I just can't stop saying something is wonderful when it is wonderful, again and again.

This is a music that seems not to begin nor to end, as if it was part of something that just goes on and on. Your music is always honest. And all of your pieces are special and precious to me. I get also more and more sure that it's not just because I am biased, since I occasionally let some of my friends and fellow musicians listen to your music and right yesterday someone was so moved by it, this person was completely astonished about the effect that three of your pieces had on her. She said that the moment when she listened to this music, while we were driving through a beautiful landscape, was feeling like a moment that she would never forget  :)

This piece makes me dream, and sing along (fortunately nobody listens to my singing lol) This culmination at about 3.31 and everything afterwards is like heaven, you know, it's just like everything was fine and good. You are telling a huge story with your pieces and this is an important part of the whole story. You brought me to a part of a world that I would never have known of, without your music. Keep posting and playing and trying out and being happy about the endless and profound possibilities :)

Offline Torp

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 06:13:22 PM
Simply beautiful.

Jef
Don't let your music die inside you.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 05:20:30 AM
As soon as you post an improv I need to listen and comment. Sorry if it's too much but I simply can't resist ;D And today I actually have made quite a few efforts to be not the first. :P I just can't stop saying something is wonderful when it is wonderful, again and again.

This is a music that seems not to begin nor to end, as if it was part of something that just goes on and on. Your music is always honest. And all of your pieces are special and precious to me. I get also more and more sure that it's not just because I am biased, since I occasionally let some of my friends and fellow musicians listen to your music and right yesterday someone was so moved by it, this person was completely astonished about the effect that three of your pieces had on her. She said that the moment when she listened to this music, while we were driving through a beautiful landscape, was feeling like a moment that she would never forget  :)

This piece makes me dream, and sing along (fortunately nobody listens to my singing lol) This culmination at about 3.31 and everything afterwards is like heaven, you know, it's just like everything was fine and good. You are telling a huge story with your pieces and this is an important part of the whole story. You brought me to a part of a world that I would never have known of, without your music. Keep posting and playing and trying out and being happy about the endless and profound possibilities :)

Wolfi, thank you very much for such a great post :).  Of course I don't mind at all if you like to comment in my threads and on my music.  It's quite the opposite, of course, I appreciate it very much :).

Simply beautiful.

Jef

Jef, what a complete surprise to have you visit and post in.  What a completely wonderful surprise.  Thank you :).
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline Torp

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 03:55:25 PM
Jef, what a complete surprise to have you visit and post in.  What a completely wonderful surprise.  Thank you :).

You are most welcome.

Jef
Don't let your music die inside you.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert