Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Some works: Haydn, Chopin, Liszt, Bach, Rachmaninov  (Read 4522 times)

Offline moi69

• PS Silver Member
Some works: Haydn, Chopin, Liszt, Bach, Rachmaninov
on: September 17, 2007, 07:14:56 PM
All the comments are welcomed!
"Les pianos c'est comme les chèques, ça ne fait plaisir qu'à ceux qui les touchent" E.Satie

Offline moi69

• PS Silver Member
Re: Some works: Haydn, Chopin, Liszt
Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 07:20:41 PM
And Liszt (beginning)
"Les pianos c'est comme les chèques, ça ne fait plaisir qu'à ceux qui les touchent" E.Satie

Offline berrt

Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 08:23:33 PM
You play on an (high!) professional level! Very clear and still with much expression.
Thank you for sharing!

(Your piano might need tuning?)

B.

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 01:24:44 AM
seconded!  i saw this -this morning - and thought i needed more time to hear all of it so would listen tonight.  this is like a nice dessert.  amazing that your profile says 16 years old.  you have a lot of maturity to your playing.  i think you play clearly like murray perahia.  i was just listening to his schumann and grieg a minor piano concertos this morning and thought how he makes them sparkle.  of course, the danger (if there is one) is to occasionally rush through a part that could have a bit more time - but, it's more negligible than playing in too romantic a manner and mushing notes.

something's wrong with the rhythms on that liszt obermann if my ears are right.  it just sounds wierd.  sorry.

Offline prongated

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 02:12:37 AM
of course, the danger (if there is one) is to occasionally rush through a part that could have a bit more time - but, it's more negligible than playing in too romantic a manner and mushing notes.

? Some of the melodies with the dotted quavers in the chopin are indeed rhythmically inaccurate...is that what you're referring to?

Aside from a few insecurities with certain passages (the thirds, for example), the Haydn and Chopin are nicely played ^^ well done!

[haven't listened to Obermann yet...are you going to put up the whole thing?]

Offline schubertiad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 01:49:10 PM
You have very good fingers, but there are definitely some rhythm problems in the chopet. Some you play double dotted, and others as quavers (8th notes to any Americans). I get the impression that you have spent a lot of time on the left hand (which was excellent) and not enough on the dynamics, shape and rhythms of the right. For example, the large rolled chord in the reprise of the main theme should be one of the climaxes of the piece, but was a bit on the feeble side. Still, very impressive, and I enjoyed the Haydn too.
“To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time.” Leonard Bernstein

Offline moi69

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 03:06:14 PM
Thanks for u're comments. I don't undersand evrything cause i'm french.But i'd like answer.Bertt, thank u very much, but i'm very far to have a professional level!! An my piano needn't tuning, but it's very "dry" and i must add a lot f reverb. I agree with Prongated, and i'll put up the whole Liszt in a few weeks. To Schubertiad, i'll try to play my double dotted as double dotted and not as quavers.In fact, i worked this study 3 years ago, and again for 3 days. I didn't spend a lot of time on my left hand, neither on my right hand :( I just wondered if i'll try to work it again for a competition. What do u  think about this?

PS: sorry for my bad english :( I hope u understand me lol

Offline moi69

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 04:45:44 PM
Some Bach...

Offline moi69

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 01:40:07 PM
And rachmaninov... op 39 n° 5. Too hard for me.... and i had a problem with the score not far from the end.

Offline rachfan

• PS Silver Member
Re: Some works: Haydn, Chopin, Liszt, Bach, Rachmaninov
Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 12:32:56 AM
Hi moi,

For so young a person, you play this piece surprisingly well.  Having you ever heard the Jean-Philippe Collard recording of this piece?  His is the best rendition I've ever heard.  How long have you been studying piano, moi?  Do you record with a Playel, Garveau, Erard or other piano?
Interpreting music means exploring the promise of the potential of possibilities.

Offline moi69

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 11:52:45 AM
I play the piano since i was 3 years and a half. I record with my Yamaha GA1. U're speaking about Liszt?

Offline rachfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 10:43:08 PM
The Liszt yes, but here I was reacting to your Rachmaninoff Etude Tableaux actually.  I wish when I was 16 I could have played like you!  Keep up the good work. 
Interpreting music means exploring the promise of the potential of possibilities.

Offline moi69

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 10:24:31 AM
Thanks! :o)

Offline moi69

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: October 03, 2007, 05:56:09 PM
Rachmaninov again. Comments are welcomed.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert