Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: 5 Mythic Rivers---Project pianogeek_cz/pianowolfi  (Read 2752 times)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
5 Mythic Rivers---Project pianogeek_cz/pianowolfi
on: October 09, 2007, 05:34:56 PM
After listening to my "Styx" pianogeek had the idea of doing a project together with me that would be about the five Greek mythic Rivers:

1. Styx (which exists already)

2. Acheron (This picture is not mythic, it's the real Acheron ;D)

3. Phlegethon
4. Cocytus
5. Lethe

:) ;D :P
I am enthousiastic about this. Unfortunately pianogeek has no time for a few weeks, but he will later be joining again, I hope :). With Phlegethon, the river of boiling blood  :o :o :o

Anyway, I have made a first improvisational attempt on "Lethe", the river of forgetting. To me this has two sides. If you go through "Lethe" you might forget *everything* which is the tragical aspect, to me. On the other hand, this forgetting may be also a relief and a new beginning, that's the positive aspect to me. The ancient Greek philosophers might have taught their students how to save the most important essence of remembrance through this river. So the art of overcoming this river would be to find a way to forget all the crap and just keep the precious and worthy remembrances :)

Offline opus57

• PS Silver Member
Re: 5 Mythic Rivers---Project pianogeek_cz/pianowolfi
Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 10:13:04 AM
Is this the program you mentioned once? I'm very curious!!!

Your improvisation sounds very mysthic ;)  Im every time fascinated how you are able to merge your thoughts and feelings! Very great!
Please click here...[/url]

Though you can do what you want, you can't want what you want. (indeed a very confusing truth)

Offline gyzzzmo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 12:20:45 PM
Is it okay if i say i dont like it?  :-[
Its just not my style i gues...
1+1=11

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 01:29:01 PM
Is it okay if i say i dont like it?  :-[
Its just not my style i gues...
Sure it's okay  :)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 01:30:49 PM
Is this the program you mentioned once? I'm very curious!!!

Your improvisation sounds very mysthic ;)  Im every time fascinated how you are able to merge your thoughts and feelings! Very great!

Thank you! :) I think I mentioned a different one: "Centuries" (That's the working title).

Offline opus57

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 01:43:16 PM
Oh... nice. So I can be curious to two things out of the "factory Pianowolfi"...  :)
Please click here...[/url]

Though you can do what you want, you can't want what you want. (indeed a very confusing truth)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert