Piano Forum

Topic: "A Cold Way to Go" -- Improv  (Read 3113 times)

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
"A Cold Way to Go" -- Improv
on: November 19, 2007, 10:10:18 PM
Okay.  Here is a new improv from within the hour.  I put my edirol on a pillow and I think this has caused a bit of a muffling.  Also, there is a surprise (not from me) at the end, but I think it's still fitting to the character of the piece  :P.

Thanks for listening !

m1469
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline ganymed

• PS Silver Member
Re: "A Cold Way to Go" -- Improv
Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 11:03:16 PM
ah very nice improvisation ! it kind of matches the sad, depressive mood Im in right now, in this period of my life. Very nice! Recently, ive discovered improvising for myself. And i think its really great fun. But Im not very good at it =(
"We can never know what to want, because, living only one life, we can neither compare it with our previous lives nor perfect it in our lives to come."

Milan Kundera,The Unbearable Lightness of Being

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 08:18:23 AM
Just a short scetchy comment for now :) your music resonates with me, anyway, like no other music in the world. So it's also with this one. Yes there is a sort of sadness in it, but it sounds to me like it's the "sadness" of an angel and nothing "personal" or "selfish". It's divine sadness which contains also comfort.

The dog is pretty well in tune, as far as I can hear ;D

My best thoughts and wishes to you :)

Wolfi

Offline bob3.1415926

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 09:23:16 AM
I agree with Wolfi. It is sad, but I think the dominating feeling is hope. I think the sadness comes from the notes you've chosen, but the hope comes from how you play them.
I really liked it.

On a side, I definitely think you could sell this one to Hollywood. I'm picturing (post major emotional event) a guy sat behind the wheel of his stationary car, staring into space, as it gently snows outside. :D

Offline schubertiad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 03:47:35 PM
m1469, I sometimes wonder whether you actually exist in flesh and blood. I can only picture you as a gaseous cloud or something. (This is meant in the best possible way).
Very nice improv btw!
“To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time.” Leonard Bernstein

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 04:18:34 PM
m1469, I sometimes wonder whether you actually exist in flesh and blood. I can only picture you as a gaseous cloud or something. (This is meant in the best possible way).
Very nice improv btw!

You mean like one of those cosmic entities that you stare at in awe?
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert