Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: ascending - Improvisation  (Read 3254 times)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
ascending - Improvisation
on: April 04, 2008, 06:11:14 PM
This is dedicated to my beloved girlfriend Marta  :-*

Offline rachfan

• PS Silver Member
Re: ascending - Improvisation
Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 03:06:14 AM
Hi wolfi,

A very nice improvisation!  I think your g/f will greatly enjoy it.  In addition to its ascending figurations, it also features many intriguing modulations and harmonies.  Overall it strikes me as having both a contemporary and romantic sound, which is not always an easy combination to achieve.  I think you have a fine piece there.   :)
Interpreting music means exploring the promise of the potential of possibilities.

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 09:28:19 AM
Thank you rachfan :) Yes indeed, I think my tendency is often to connect contemporary and romantic elements. Sometimes I feel like the "romantic" elements are not strong enough to express what I want, and the pure "dissonance" isn't either, so I search for the combinations.

seicinta

Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 07:34:58 PM
I only can say that I'm so grateful to you and your music and thank you for share it with the world.
I love music too .Marta

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 10:32:36 PM
I only can say that I'm so grateful to you and your music and thank you for share it with the world.
I love music too .Marta

I am so grateful to you, too :) and I am happy that you like this "spring mood" improvisation
 :) Estic sempre amb tu, molts petons,Wolfgang

Offline thierry13

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 01:00:46 AM
my beloved girlfriend Marta

Argerich ?  :o   ;D

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 07:10:58 AM

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 02:44:13 PM
I felt an alteration between the rising motifs and elements of songful poetry.  Your fusion of both romantic and more contemporary sounding subject matter is quite effective in conveying a feeling of rising into the clouds.
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 06:54:31 AM
I like this very much, Wolfi.  8)  :)

It's nice to see you back in here. :)
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert