Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Her First Breath Was Poison - TDBT  (Read 2400 times)

Offline thedaybeforetomorrow

• PS Silver Member
Her First Breath Was Poison - TDBT
on: April 15, 2008, 01:40:32 AM
Hello,

My name is James Cahall and I am in a solo piano "band" called:
The Day Before Tomorrow

A little about myself:

I started playing piano in 1987 (at the age of 5!) at the request of my father. It was not too structured and really was truly enjoyable. Of course the early years are a bit rough for your listeners to take, but you can quickly work up to a competency that is at least pleasant or even beautiful. I was instructed throughout my childhood by Thomas Ganoung at the Ukiah School Of Music up until 2000 when I left for college.

I had many years I enjoyed playing piano, but pressure from others and declining interest in High School drove me to almost hate music. College turned out to be a musical slump for me. Almost zero practice time and absolutely no writing (I really had no piano to play anyway). This continued into the first few years after college, but I started to feel like I was missing something. But hope was on the way! My Dad came to my rescue and purchased me an amazing Yamaha S90es Music Synthesizer! My Dad is may not be financially wealthy to say the least, but his heart and good intentions surpass any conceivable material wealth.

Since then I have found myself again in music. With the inspiration of my beautiful wife Katie, I began writing music again and will continue to do so for the rest of my life. I hope to share with all of you my feelings through each note and gain your respect as you support my endeavor!

Click my signature to check out my music. Thank you for listening and remember... if its something worth doing, do it today. You never know if you'll have the chance tomorrow...

Sounds like a good community!!!

I'll try to share as many songs as possible on here and would love your input!

Check out all my music at ReverbNation:

https://www.reverbnation.com/thedaybeforetomorrow/

Check out my New Age Piano Album:
https://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/1015588

Offline s_bussotti

• PS Silver Member
Re: Her First Breath Was Poison - TDBT
Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 07:50:29 AM
Reminds me of Michael Nyman for some reason.

Offline thedaybeforetomorrow

• PS Silver Member
Re: Her First Breath Was Poison - TDBT
Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 12:58:30 PM
Reminds me of Michael Nyman for some reason.

Thank you for the reference.  I hadn't heard of his music before now and find it quite relaxing.  It seems there are some similarities in our music styles.
Check out my New Age Piano Album:
https://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/1015588

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert