Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: my biggest technical breakthrough ever!!! (hear for yourself)  (Read 2832 times)

Offline mkaykov

• PS Silver Member
wow, I can't believe that I actually managed to pull this off. Hear for yourself, and tell me what you think. Maybe I am just delusional...............

But its likely my biggest technical increase since 2004.............

-MK

Offline rachfan

• PS Silver Member
Re: my biggest technical breakthrough ever!!! (hear for yourself)
Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 02:33:48 AM
Hi Mikhail,

Ah, the Etude in Thirds!  A very very difficult piece indeed.  You played it very convincingly.  I believe I prefer Take 1, as in addition to technical prowess, it has more musicality, color, and flair in my opinion.  You handled the chromatic scales in the RH wonderfully.  This is really quite an achievement.  Congratulations!  :)

Interpreting music means exploring the promise of the potential of possibilities.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert