Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Bach Partita No. 2 in C minor, I Sinfonia  (Read 9798 times)

Offline pianopanda

• PS Silver Member
Bach Partita No. 2 in C minor, I Sinfonia
on: January 13, 2009, 03:02:15 PM
Hello,

Played for the repertoire class on Jan. 10. I appreciate for any comments.

Thanks,

PianoPanda
You can visit my YouTube Channel at:
www.youtube.com/pvcharger

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Re: Bach Partita No. 2 in C minor, I Sinfonia
Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 07:18:42 PM
Pretty good. 

Overall, I'd like to hear more contrast between the three sections.  Particularly the middle you could afford to be more lyrical as it is sandwiched between two more intense sections. 

For the beginning French Overture, just be careful not to cut time short when you have rests.  In fact I thought you could hold some of the chords (especially at the phrase endings) a bit longer.   It is a dramatic opening, and the chords with longer values plus the rests in between add to that effect. 

Take the fugue a bit slower until you can control it a bit more.  Clarity over speed. The G maj chord is the end of the Andante, the Fugue starts with the first 16th following that.  There needs to be a breath between the two because this is the initial statement of the fugal subject and we need to be clear on how it starts.  I think you could made the last trill longer - it is after all the final cadence of a very involved movement.

3:46  8)

Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert