Piano Forum

Topic: Rob k - Etude no. 1 'Smash, Crash, Bash'  (Read 2873 times)

Offline rob47

• PS Silver Member
Rob k - Etude no. 1 'Smash, Crash, Bash'
on: June 02, 2005, 09:52:29 PM
 from my [sarcasm]'transcendental' [/sarcasm] book of studies: '12 Etudes in Preparation for Awkwardness'

this one focues on bizzare, petrouchka style stretches i.e. chords such as...C,Db,Eb,Ab.C, in the rh for example.

and lots of them.  very dissonant.would be extremely difficult to play this, but I believe it could be done.

"Phenomenon 1 is me"
-Alexis Weissenberg

Offline crazy for ivan moravec

• PS Silver Member
Re: Rob k - Etude no. 1 'Smash, Crash, Bash'
Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 05:07:32 PM
whoa, i never thought i'd find something great in the early posts! do you have the sheet music of this one? wonderful piano piece.
Well, keep going.<br />- Martha Argerich

Offline rob47

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 04:06:09 PM
thanks for the nice words about this incredibly unpianistic piece. Unfortunately I don't have a pretty looking score for this as I use the demo version of NOteworthy composer to do most of my writing due to my mastery of its keyboard shortcuts. :P

I will post the midi files and NWC file and I think you can view the score that way.

edit: i cant upload the .nwc file. but if I can upload it at usendit if you want it
"Phenomenon 1 is me"
-Alexis Weissenberg

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 04:45:42 AM
This is really cool!!!!   ;D ;D ;D Rob, could you please post the score.  MIDI is ok for notes, but we can't see your dynamic indications or other instructions. 
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert