Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Petrarch sonnet 104  (Read 4959 times)

Offline nipohc

• PS Silver Member
Petrarch sonnet 104
on: July 16, 2005, 08:28:37 AM
Hope you like this, the mic is a bit wierd and doesn't really pick up bass, but anywho, any suggestions and comments?

Offline pianiststrongbad

• PS Silver Member
Re: Petrarch sonnet 104
Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 07:30:03 AM
Well done.  I'm surprised nobody else has posted any comments yet.  In general I thought that all your rolled chords were a bit quick and had harsh tone.  I would like to hear more direction in the melodic lines.  A lot of them seem rather static in dynamic to me- it could just be the recording I dunno.   Tempo was pretty good, though I felt in the beginning of the piece I wasn't quite sure where the beats were.  Part of this is caused by all the fermatas Liszt added in this section of the piece, but I still think the rhythms could be a bit more clear here.  It was a pretty solid performance overall, well done!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert