Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: CHOPIN: Prelude No.17 / RACHMANINOFF: 18th Variation from "Paganini Rhapsody"  (Read 5570 times)

Offline jhon

• PS Silver Member
BTW, sorry for the poor sound quality..,I just used a cheap MP3 recorder and some locally-made (upright) pianos.

CHOPIN: Prelude in Ab major (Op.28, No.17)
(Played at school...)
https://dl2.rapidshare.de/files/3928107/31236430/Chopin_PreludeNo17.WAV

RACHMANINOFF: 18th Variation from "Paganini Rhapsody" (Op.43), arrangement for piano solo by ?
(Just practicing at home...)
https://dl4.rapidshare.de/files/3928287/31255496/Rachmaninoff_Var18_solo.WAV

Offline Barbosa-piano

• PS Silver Member
One quick question... How do I download it? There is usually a link that you click on, but there are none on these links... Maybe I don't see them... :P Can anyone help please  ;D? Thanks in advance ;)

PS: I believe that the arrangement for the 18th Variation from "Paganini Rhapsody" is by Hermene W. Eichorn, but I would have to hear it. This is probably one of the few arrangements of it, but Eichorn's is in D major... ;)

Feel free to follow my music blog! themusicalcause.blogspot.com[/url]

Offline jhon

• PS Silver Member
HERE'S HOW:

- Click the URL above then a new window opens.
- Scroll down the page and click "Free", then a new page opens.
- Scroll down and click the file link itself.

I'm very sorry for much delay.  I'm merely on dial-up and I need those sites to upload files faster.

Offline jhon

• PS Silver Member
BTW, Barbosa-piano, it's not Eichorn's...it's in D-flat.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert