Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: The Best Pianist on this Forum  (Read 21078 times)

Offline el nino

• PS Silver Member
Re: The Best Pianist on this Forum
Reply #50 on: May 13, 2006, 12:22:39 AM
to me daniloperusina with his understanding of music at first and also nice sound he produces and the guy who posted 3rd consolation by liszt is very very musical and talented-who is it?i really forgot

Offline shoenberg3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #51 on: May 13, 2006, 01:42:06 AM
Koji, e60, Shoenberg3, Electrafingers

But my favorite thing ever posted on this forum was gaer's Rachmaninov 2nd Sonata .

respect 8)
generally working on:
Bach Toccata in g minor
Rachmaninoff 3rd Concerto

Offline soliloquy

• PS Silver Member
Reply #52 on: May 13, 2006, 03:13:50 AM
yeah and if we turned this into a gay thread, i reckon you'd rank the highest  ;D

I would smack him down  8)

Offline steveie986

Reply #53 on: May 13, 2006, 03:36:22 AM
You f-u-c-k-i-n-g homophobes.

Offline crazy for ivan moravec

• PS Silver Member
Reply #54 on: May 13, 2006, 01:31:01 PM
the guy who posted 3rd consolation by liszt is very very musical and talented-who is it?i really forgot

you're probably talking about wzkit. he has a very beautiful tone and his  musicality really of a high level, imo.
Well, keep going.<br />- Martha Argerich

Offline crazy for ivan moravec

• PS Silver Member
Reply #55 on: May 13, 2006, 01:34:19 PM

But my favorite thing ever posted on this forum was gaer's Rachmaninov 2nd Sonata .

oh yeah, i couldn't forget that recording!
Well, keep going.<br />- Martha Argerich

Offline e60m5

• PS Silver Member
Reply #56 on: May 13, 2006, 10:44:19 PM
Dear elevateme:

(This is for two reasons; firstly, I know you will read this, and secondly, you don't actually deserve a thread of your own.)

I'm very glad to know what you think of me, even if, in all honesty, it consisted of mindless babbling interspersed with random insults. Why don't you post it here also, so that the other members of this forum can enjoy reading about what you think about me?

Offline pianiststrongbad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #57 on: May 14, 2006, 01:05:33 AM
Koji

Offline mephisto

• PS Silver Member
Reply #58 on: May 14, 2006, 05:59:20 PM
Sorry if I offended. That was not my intention. My intention was to express my disgust at the stupidity and immaturity of this thread and similar threads.

And to answer your question, no, it doesn't. If that's what good piano playing means to you - playing the hardest pieces at the youngest age - then I feel sorry for you. It's threads like these, and, being blunt, posts like these that make me want to leave this forum.

Then I agree with you :D It is of course HOW you play and not WHAT you play. A great Mozart performance requires much more than a bad Rach 3 performance.

Offline elevateme

• PS Silver Member
Reply #59 on: May 14, 2006, 07:42:29 PM
Dear elevateme:

(This is for two reasons; firstly, I know you will read this, and secondly, you don't actually deserve a thread of your own.)

I'm very glad to know what you think of me, even if, in all honesty, it consisted of mindless babbling interspersed with random insults. Why don't you post it here also, so that the other members of this forum can enjoy reading about what you think about me?

ok...
i think what you said about franzliszt2 was arrogant, cocky, selfish and, and.. big headed! and it showed no signs to how he might feel after being dismissed so easily. just because you've played mendelssohn 1 when you were 11 it doesnt give you the right to treat other people like they're nothing. there's probably a lot of pianists on this forum who are a damn sight better than you so i think you need to deflate your fat head a bit.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Offline elevateme

• PS Silver Member
Reply #60 on: May 14, 2006, 07:43:41 PM
thanks btw i feel better now
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Offline e60m5

• PS Silver Member
Reply #61 on: May 14, 2006, 10:36:56 PM
ok...
i think what you said about franzliszt2 was arrogant, cocky, selfish and, and.. big headed! and it showed no signs to how he might feel after being dismissed so easily. just because you've played mendelssohn 1 when you were 11 it doesnt give you the right to treat other people like they're nothing. there's probably a lot of pianists on this forum who are a *** sight better than you so i think you need to deflate your fat head a bit.

Well, I'm glad you've shared your... insight with us. And glad to know that levelling such accusations at people make you feel better - which arguably in itself gives more substantive insight as to your own character than your (rather impressively) misconceived allegations as to mine.

Let's go back to what I said about franzliszt2. What you will notice, had you taken the time to read my post and spend some time and effort attempting to comprehend its (extremely basic) meaning, is that I questioned the point of these threads, namely, threads that place an emphasis on a supposed correlation between how "good" a pianist is, and how young he or she was when he or she played a given piece of an alleged difficulty level. Seeking then to cite an example of such a claim I chose a post speaking about a pianist who has played x piece at y age. I then remarked simply that if playing piece x at age y is what is being compared, then the pianist in question has been outdone by many. If you will step out from behind your attempts to insult me, you will notice that I never did cast any aspersions as to the pianist in question. If, then, your intellect permits your understanding that far from dismissing this pianist, as you allege, I was instead leaving the door open for him to defend himself against people using this "playing x at age y" criteria to establish their own superiority over him, you will concomitantly register your own abysmal misconstruction of my post. 

To be honest, given the coherency and general level of logical competence you exhibit in your posts, I don't expect you to understand this all; however, as a corollary, I take no offence at anything you say in consequence of your perceptional inadequacy. I must add, also, that your rather astounding non sequitur in inferring any statement as to my own pianistic capabilities from any comment I have made is quite a monumental achievement - as anybody who knows me will attest. If I have played Mendelssohn 1 in the Royal Albert Hall aged 11, so what? There are countless pianists who have done better (and, by your attitude of "I can play piece x aged y so I must be better than somebody who can play piece (x-z) at age (y+z)!", would be much better pianists than myself!), probably on this forum. I'm glad that we are in agreeance as to that.

And finally, I'm glad you think I need my "fat head" "deflate[d]". Quite honestly, and probably to your disappointment, it's not something I hear very often, but it's good for everybody to hear it once in a while. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some contract law reading to get back to. Have a nice day.

Offline Mozartian

• PS Silver Member
Reply #62 on: May 14, 2006, 11:40:54 PM
heh.

The ironic (and slightly amusing) thing about this is that e60m5 is not only the most talented teenager I've ever heard in my life (both technically and musically), but also by far the humblest; and if anything, underrates himself significantly.

Feel proud, elevateme- in all my foruming throughout the years, and in witnessing multiple heated flamewars, I don't think I've ever read a flame more off-base than yours. Quite the accomplishment.
[lau] 10:01 pm: like in 10/4 i think those little slurs everywhere are pointless for the music, but I understand if it was for improving technique

Offline stevie

• PS Silver Member
Reply #63 on: May 15, 2006, 12:15:57 AM
hahaha, mozartian, have you heard TONY? 8)

or possibly da ZHAGA?

Offline steveie986

Reply #64 on: May 15, 2006, 12:51:35 AM
After doing some Internet stalking on e60m5, I discover the following facts about him:

- Paul Wee (e60m5) will be 19 in two days. Happy birthday to him.
- As we already know, he made his solo debut at age 11 in Royal Albert Hall playing Mendelssohn's piano concerto no. 1
- Obtained grade 8 certification at age 11 with distinction
- Currently reading law at Oxford University
- Scored a 1590 on his SAT exam
- He lists Kierkegaard's Fear and Trembling among his favorite reading
- Will be interning at Miller Ellison law firm this summer
- Paul is quadri-cultural: He is an Asian born in Sydney, Australia, and has lived in the US and Britain.

Given the above, I'd like to politely disagree with elevateme and say that Paul DOES have the right to treat other people like they're nothing and say whatever the fcuk he wants. And, no, even if his head were fat it should remain that way, because his fat head is better than elevateme's empty one.

Offline da jake

• PS Silver Member
Reply #65 on: May 15, 2006, 02:09:46 AM
elvateme is just some jealous cretin. His posts don't even merit response.
"The best discourse upon music is silence" - Schumann

Offline jlh

• PS Silver Member
Reply #66 on: May 15, 2006, 04:59:08 AM
elvateme is just some jealous cretin. His posts don't even merit response.

And yet look at the response he's gotten thus far! ::)
. ROFL : ROFL:LOL:ROFL : ROFL '
                 ___/\___
  L   ______/             \
LOL "”””””””\         [ ] \
  L              \_________)
                 ___I___I___/

Offline steinwaymodeld

• PS Silver Member
Reply #67 on: May 15, 2006, 05:24:04 AM
ok...
i think what you said about franzliszt2 was arrogant, cocky, selfish and, and.. big headed! and it showed no signs to how he might feel after being dismissed so easily. just because you've played mendelssohn 1 when you were 11 it doesnt give you the right to treat other people like they're nothing. there's probably a lot of pianists on this forum who are a *** sight better than you so i think you need to deflate your fat head a bit.

Don't forget Islamey at 11, Saine Sean 2nd at 10

And highly acclaimed by famous musicians like David Dubal and Jerome Lewenthal.
Perfection itself is imperfection - Vladimir Horowitz

Offline steinwaymodeld

• PS Silver Member
Reply #68 on: May 15, 2006, 05:27:02 AM
After doing some Internet stalking on e60m5, I discover the following facts about him:

- Paul Wee (e60m5) will be 19 in two days. Happy birthday to him.
- As we already know, he made his solo debut at age 11 in Royal Albert Hall playing Mendelssohn's piano concerto no. 1
- Obtained grade 8 certification at age 11 with distinction
- Currently reading law at Oxford University
- Scored a 1590 on his SAT exam
- He lists Kierkegaard's Fear and Trembling among his favorite reading
- Will be interning at Miller Ellison law firm this summer
- Paul is quadri-cultural: He is an Asian born in Sydney, Australia, and has lived in the US and Britain.

Given the above, I'd like to politely disagree with elevateme and say that Paul DOES have the right to treat other people like they're nothing and say whatever the fcuk he wants. And, no, even if his head were fat it should remain that way, because his fat head is better than elevateme's empty one.

god, that's like the most intelligent and informative post i have seen you post in like years.

Offline steveie986

Reply #69 on: May 15, 2006, 05:30:21 AM
god, that's like the most intelligent and informative post i have seen you post in like years.

Are you sure you aren't mistaking me for stevie? I think I'm usually more insightful than him.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline steinwaymodeld

• PS Silver Member
Reply #70 on: May 15, 2006, 05:37:01 AM
Are you sure you aren't mistaking me for stevie? I think I'm usually more insightful than him.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

lol i might have, ur nicknames creates confusions. (implies that u might be a variation of the poster stevie)

for the mere fact that Paul Wee has very throughout understaing of Nietzsche's Geneology of Morality (i have a discussion with him on the book) has made him superior to most of the people I have met here or anywhere else.

Offline rimv2

• PS Silver Member
Reply #71 on: May 15, 2006, 05:46:45 AM
I am the piano god KARRIM.

Worship my Inzanely fast octaves,

Marvel at my 320 bpm 16th note glissando-like scales,

My absurdly specific tone control where not even animals can notice the different in sound,

Revel at my arpeggios as the flow as smooth as an ocean's wave.

My chromatic runs open the gates of heaven and shine down rays of never endling light while bleeding white key into black and feeling your ears with an ecstacy with magnitudes so great your body curls as you heart burst from it ribbed prison right before I blow your mind and let before you die you final know...

You have lived 8)

(\_/)                     (\_/)      | |
(O.o)                   (o.O)   <(@)     
(>   )> Ironically[/url] <(   <)

Offline steveie986

Reply #72 on: May 15, 2006, 05:54:24 AM
lol i might have, ur nicknames creates confusions. (implies that u might be a variation of the poster stevie)

for the mere fact that Paul Wee has very throughout understaing of Nietzsche's Geneology of Morality (i have a discussion with him on the book) has made him superior to most of the people I have met here or anywhere else.

Geneology of Morals is, certainly, one of the life-changing books I have read, along with the Zhuangzi (ancient Chinese philosopher). It's one of those books that only affects you in that peculiar way if you read it before the age of 21. It shakes you from the complacency of childish, mindless existence. Like most music.

Offline steinwaymodeld

• PS Silver Member
Reply #73 on: May 15, 2006, 05:59:24 AM
Geneology of Morals is, certainly, one of the life-changing books I have read, along with the Zhuangzi (ancient Chinese philosopher). It's one of those books that only affects you in that peculiar way if you read it before the age of 21. It shakes you from the complacency of childish, mindless existence. Like most music.

dude i re-read Nietszche's 'ascetic idealism' and the 'standard of beauty' like 3 times in a row, lol

and then i read the Kurenda's Unbearable lightness of being and the idealism of beauty of the story characters, like back to back. "beauty is the world betrayed"

god, that line is so inspiring and touching I almost cried.

And yes, Geneology is def one of the best and most difficult work of Niet.
His other books are actually easier to read (beyond good or evil, Thus Spoke Zarathustra and the joyful science)

His opinion is sometimes very extreme, almost primitive (as he propose a lot of ancient, pre-religious idealism, and it can be all generalized as 'germanic ideas') (sometimes I do believe he has deeply influenced Hitler, which had took Niet's idea to the extreme in a bad way)

And speaking of Niet, u know he wrote piano music? I have a CD of his piano music played by John Bell Young. Which is very interesting.

And by the way, besides ZhuangZi, u should read some Lao Zi too.

Offline steveie986

Reply #74 on: May 15, 2006, 06:16:09 AM

dude i re-read Nietszche's 'ascetic idealism' and the 'standard of beauty' like 3 times in a row, lol

and then i read the Kurenda's Unbearable lightness of being and the idealism of beauty of the story characters, like back to back. "beauty is the world betrayed"

god, that line is so inspiring and touching I almost cried.

And yes, Geneology is def one of the best and most difficult work of Niet.
His other books are actually easier to read (beyond good or evil, Thus Spoke Zarathustra and the joyful science)

His opinion is sometimes very extreme, almost primitive (as he propose a lot of ancient, pre-religious idealism, and it can be all generalized as 'germanic ideas') (sometimes I do believe he has deeply influenced Hitler, which had took Niet's idea to the extreme in a bad way)

And speaking of Niet, u know he wrote piano music? I have a CD of his piano music played by John Bell Young. Which is very interesting.

And by the way, besides ZhuangZi, u should read some Lao Zi too.

There is a fascinating parallel between Zhuangzi and Nietzsche. Perhaps the most obvious similarity is that both are not political philosophers, and all attempts at politicizing their ideas have been disastrous. Hitler certainly tried.

Both philosophers have, at various times, been labelled "nihilist" or "amoral," rightly or wrongly. They are certainly moral philosophers but in a very un-Kantian way in that their ethics are not "universalizable." If everyone acted Daoist or Nietzschean (per the categorical imperative) the world would be disastrously screwed.

Both can be viewed as reactions to Confucian and Christian orthodoxy, respectively.

I knew Nietzsche was fascinated with music, but I've never heard any of it. Perhaps you could be so kind as to upload some? Nietzsche was close friends with Wagner, though he strongly detested Wagner's anti-semitic ideas.

What are you majoring in at Purdue?

Offline rimv2

• PS Silver Member
Reply #75 on: May 15, 2006, 06:18:57 AM
Crap!!!!

Why do my post always fall in the middle of some random argument!? ??? :(
(\_/)                     (\_/)      | |
(O.o)                   (o.O)   <(@)     
(>   )> Ironically[/url] <(   <)

Offline steveie986

Reply #76 on: May 15, 2006, 06:24:43 AM
Crap!!!!

Why do my post always fall in the middle of some random argument!? ??? :(

Your post wasn't unnoticed. I appreciated your sarcasm.

Offline gruffalo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #77 on: May 15, 2006, 12:47:21 PM
Dear elevateme and Paul, i am going to try and attempt to clear this up between the both of you, because it is often the most difficult thing to step back and look at yourselves in argument. i want to do this strictly from a neutral point of view, and will take no bias.

first of all to Paul: you mentioned after your first reply that you were expressing your concern with this whole thread being completely pointless to no degree of achievment, however your direct referal to elevateme was slightly out of order, all though i do agree with your intention and opinion, but that comment was not called for. You may have been trying to use elevateme's voting of franzlist2 as an example of why the thread is pointless, but it came out rather harsh.

elevateme: what you need to understand is that debates and arguments between resonsible adults can be and should be made through use of maturity within intelligence and opinion. you get way too touchy as soon as people say incorrect or slightly harmful coments, and your reaction to Paul's statement was also out of order. Generally from your interest and general talk about piano exclusively, i get the impression that you are a keen and avid pianist and possibly moving on into music as a career? Even if i am right or wrong about that, one thing i would like to say (this is more for your benefit as opposed to my having a go at you), is whether or not you are pursuing a career as a pianist, but more importantly for this career, attitude is one of the key factors and skills and is very high upon that list of long-term challenges that we face as musicians. You wont get very far unless you develope a very high respect for other people outside of the ring of your friends, and that that standard of respect remains even if someone is getting slightly on your tits. the referal about respect in this case does not enter my mind because i may think Paul is an intelligent and talented bloke, but simply because it is needed to move anywhere in life.

i probably sound like a lecturing old man who does'nt know what he is saying, but seriously both of you, sort it out.

For the bloke who spoke of equality a few posts up, i believe that although i think Paul is a talented and amazing bloke, he succeeds where i fail at the moment, because he maintains his modesty, whereas I, given the opportunity, will blurt out everything i acheived and feel great about in my life. and this is something i would like to change about my life. but, sorry for wavering a bit, i think that no matter how amazing you are or how much you have acheived, although low self-esteem must be avoided, you must still treat others as equal and in no way feel that you can talk how you want to who you want. (that last bit aimed at stevie's quote saying that Paul should be able to speak to anyone how he wants).

all the best,

Gruff

Offline super666lucifer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #78 on: May 15, 2006, 01:26:32 PM
I AM THE BEST...... (FULL STOP)

YOU ARE ALL CRAP!!!!!!!

I AM THE BEST

I HAVE 666 HANDS, 666 WILLIES, 666 BREASTS, 666TOES, 666 PIANO'S

666IQ

worship me

loves and kisses, your good pal Satan   :-*

Offline stevie

• PS Silver Member
Reply #79 on: May 15, 2006, 02:35:16 PM

zmooth  8)

Offline jas

• PS Silver Member
Reply #80 on: May 15, 2006, 03:27:17 PM
I AM THE BEST...... (FULL STOP)

YOU ARE ALL CRAP!!!!!!!

I AM THE BEST

I HAVE 666 HANDS, 666 WILLIES, 666 BREASTS, 666TOES, 666 PIANO'S

666IQ

worship me

loves and kisses, your good pal Satan   :-*
Why is this site such a magnet for inane spam?

Jas

Offline stevie

• PS Silver Member
Reply #81 on: May 15, 2006, 03:30:00 PM
Why is this site such a magnet for inane spam?

Jas

pianists are dull, lifeless, and easiy shocked/provoked

Offline bennom

• PS Silver Member
Reply #82 on: May 15, 2006, 03:56:19 PM
Just curious:

What's in it for the winner? A diploma?  ;D

Or just the honour?  ;D ;D

Offline sevencircles

• PS Silver Member
Reply #83 on: May 15, 2006, 06:09:46 PM
Do Mei Ting Sun and Jonathan Powell post using their real names?

Offline stevie

• PS Silver Member
Reply #84 on: May 15, 2006, 06:10:24 PM
seldomly, and randomly

Offline elevateme

• PS Silver Member
Reply #85 on: May 15, 2006, 07:19:16 PM
im sorry paul if i offended you but you have to understand that even though you didnt set out to offend franzliszt2, you did - and he's my friend so i stood up for him. i hope you would do the same for yours, as yours have clearly done for you on this thread. however i heard your islamey and it is fantastic playing, you clearly have a lot of talent and i admit i was harsh when i shouted at you and insulted you, but like i said franz is one of my best friends and i hate seeing him insulted as easily as that.
but i will happily delete my post if you want me to, as on reflection i didnt mean any of the things i said in it, so once again sorry if you were offended.

hope this english is not too basic for you to understand.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Offline elevateme

• PS Silver Member
Reply #86 on: May 15, 2006, 07:31:48 PM
oh yeah and gruffalo thankyou again, youre a good person
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Offline jas

• PS Silver Member
Reply #87 on: May 15, 2006, 07:47:35 PM
pianists are dull, lifeless, and easiy shocked/provoked
What, all pianists? Maybe that's because we all grew up locked in a windowless room with just a piano for company, and were given some stagnant water and stale bread twice a day. The most common cause of death in concert pianists is a massive heart attack brought on by loud noises or bright lights, you know.

I'm not shocked or provoked by that drivel, just vaguely wondering why he or she bothered. I doubt a single person so much as cracked a smile at that.

Maybe such sparkling wit is just way above my head, who knows? :)

Jas

Offline steinwaymodeld

• PS Silver Member
Reply #88 on: May 15, 2006, 09:51:42 PM
What, all pianists? Maybe that's because we all grew up locked in a windowless room with just a piano for company, and were given some stagnant water and stale bread twice a day. The most common cause of death in concert pianists is a massive heart attack brought on by loud noises or bright lights, you know.

I'm not shocked or provoked by that drivel, just vaguely wondering why he or she bothered. I doubt a single person so much as cracked a smile at that.

Maybe such sparkling wit is just way above my head, who knows? :)

Jas

replace "loud noise and bright light" with "boring music from the 2nd movement of a mediocre piano concerto".

Offline lau

• PS Silver Member
Reply #89 on: December 05, 2006, 11:44:14 PM
you people can't wait for the 2006 Pianostreet Awards, eh? ;D

i think it was koji who won the best recordings award in the 2005 unofficial pianostreet awards.
https://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php/topic,15281.0.html

isn't about time for the 2006 awards?? we don't even have month till the new year
i'm not asian

Offline jakev2.0

• PS Silver Member
Reply #90 on: December 06, 2006, 12:38:45 AM
koji, e60, electrafingers, schoenberg3...

To update my list:

AND MARIK...

Offline opus10no2

• PS Silver Member
Reply #91 on: December 06, 2006, 01:04:36 AM
koji, e60, electrafingers, schoenberg3...

To update my list:

AND MARIK...

Your list needs further updating.
Da SDC Piano Forum :
https://www.dasdc.net/

Offline jakev2.0

• PS Silver Member
Reply #92 on: December 06, 2006, 01:10:29 AM
What, have you and zepp made Chopin Etudes recordings I don't know about?  ;)

Offline opus10no2

• PS Silver Member
Reply #93 on: December 06, 2006, 01:19:12 AM
My child, there is much you do not know about.
Da SDC Piano Forum :

Offline elevateme

• PS Silver Member
Reply #94 on: December 06, 2006, 06:58:11 PM
Well, I'm glad you've shared your... insight with us. And glad to know that levelling such accusations at people make you feel better - which arguably in itself gives more substantive insight as to your own character than your (rather impressively) misconceived allegations as to mine.

Let's go back to what I said about franzliszt2. What you will notice, had you taken the time to read my post and spend some time and effort attempting to comprehend its (extremely basic) meaning, is that I questioned the point of these threads, namely, threads that place an emphasis on a supposed correlation between how "good" a pianist is, and how young he or she was when he or she played a given piece of an alleged difficulty level. Seeking then to cite an example of such a claim I chose a post speaking about a pianist who has played x piece at y age. I then remarked simply that if playing piece x at age y is what is being compared, then the pianist in question has been outdone by many. If you will step out from behind your attempts to insult me, you will notice that I never did cast any aspersions as to the pianist in question. If, then, your intellect permits your understanding that far from dismissing this pianist, as you allege, I was instead leaving the door open for him to defend himself against people using this "playing x at age y" criteria to establish their own superiority over him, you will concomitantly register your own abysmal misconstruction of my post. 

To be honest, given the coherency and general level of logical competence you exhibit in your posts, I don't expect you to understand this all; however, as a corollary, I take no offence at anything you say in consequence of your perceptional inadequacy. I must add, also, that your rather astounding non sequitur in inferring any statement as to my own pianistic capabilities from any comment I have made is quite a monumental achievement - as anybody who knows me will attest. If I have played Mendelssohn 1 in the Royal Albert Hall aged 11, so what? There are countless pianists who have done better (and, by your attitude of "I can play piece x aged y so I must be better than somebody who can play piece (x-z) at age (y+z)!", would be much better pianists than myself!), probably on this forum. I'm glad that we are in agreeance as to that.

And finally, I'm glad you think I need my "fat head" "deflate[d]". Quite honestly, and probably to your disappointment, it's not something I hear very often, but it's good for everybody to hear it once in a while. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some contract law reading to get back to. Have a nice day.

hahahaha you spaz!!! you even used algebra in your post!!!! what is wrong with you???
i feel sorry for you man. i really do. you see this is what happens to prodigies, their social life is left in tatters because they are worked so hard until all they are left with is their skill & intelligence. those things dont make you as happy as you can be. to be honest, im quite ashamed to be on a website called "piano street". must be where the cool kids hang out. Now, if you'll excuse me, i have to go to maths club. Have a nice day.

Oh, and by the way, before you start criticising the "coherency and general level of logical competence" I "exhibit" in my posts, check your own. You can't end a sentence with a preposition - you wrote "I have some contract law reading to get back to." So shut your face you pompous bellend. You study at Oxford, you shouldnt be making GCSE standard mistakes.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Offline jakev2.0

• PS Silver Member
Reply #95 on: December 06, 2006, 07:49:54 PM
hahahaha you spaz!!! you even used algebra in your post!!!! what is wrong with you???
i feel sorry for you man. i really do. you see this is what happens to prodigies, their social life is left in tatters because they are worked so hard until all they are left with is their skill & intelligence. those things dont make you as happy as you can be. to be honest, im quite ashamed to be on a website called "piano street". must be where the cool kids hang out. Now, if you'll excuse me, i have to go to maths club. Have a nice day.

Wow. What better way to defend against allegations of puerile incoherence than with a post comprised exclusively of puerile and incoherent ad hominem attacks?  ::)

Offline cmg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #96 on: December 06, 2006, 09:37:29 PM
UNSOLICITED TESTIMONIALS:

"CMG is, by far, the greatest pianist on this planet.  His recording of his own transcription of the 32 Beethoven Sonatas for LEFT HAND ALONE is an historic milestone, and he performs better with one hand than I do with two."
   -- MARTHA ARGERICH

"CMG's  transcription and performance of the complete Godowsky-Chopin Etudes for LEFT FOOT alone makes me pea-green with envy.  He's my ultimate virtuoso and makes me look like an incompetent booby.  I insist he be given first prize!"
  --MARC-ANDRE HAMELIN

Okay, I WIN, so you folks stop bickering or I'm emailing all of your mothers, just to get you in trouble!
Current repertoire:  "Come to Jesus" (in whole-notes)

Offline opus10no2

• PS Silver Member
Reply #97 on: December 06, 2006, 09:39:18 PM
 ;D ok I now vote cmg
Da SDC Piano Forum :

Offline cmg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #98 on: December 06, 2006, 09:42:22 PM
I am humbled and shocked, sir.  I had no idea I was even nominated!!

Offline cmg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #99 on: December 06, 2006, 10:00:37 PM
I'm so rinsed by this thread!  As I've said a thousand times, "Competitions are for horses, NOT pianists!"

--BELA BARTOK
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert