Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Scarlatti Sonata K.535 in D  (Read 4686 times)

Offline kghayesh

• PS Silver Member
Scarlatti Sonata K.535 in D
on: June 17, 2006, 10:31:38 PM
Did anybody listen to this sonata? I play it and i want to know your opinion about this piece of music concerning its musicality, not its difficulty.

Is it a good example of baroque keyboard music or it is just a series of descending arpeggios ? I don't know but sometimes i get the feeling it is just a technical exercise for the RH fast descending arpeggios.

I know it is not as fascinating as K.27 or K.46 or K.466 but I want to know if this piece can be performed someday or I better keep it for warming up.

You can download it here https://www.claudiocolombo.net/Scarlatti%20web/Sonata%20K535%20in%20re%20magg.mp3

Offline pianochild

• PS Silver Member
Re: Scarlatti Sonata K.535 in D
Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 03:26:26 PM
Hi, yes i have done this piece before, it is in the grade 8 book, and personally i think its a nice piece. It is built on arpegios and very repetitive but i like it. I think it is a very soft and delicate. You can use it as a warm up too, as it is a very good way of warming up the fingers, but overall i do like this piece.
Piano Obsessed

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert