Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Natasha Paremski  (Read 1083 times)

Offline bella musica

• PS Silver Member
Natasha Paremski
on: July 11, 2006, 07:08:22 PM
Has anybody heard of this pianist?  She is 19 years old and has already done concerts at Wigmore and Carnegie etc. and made a couple of concerto recordings when she was 15.  I hear she practices 6-8 hours every day... 
A and B the C of D.

Offline pianiststrongbad

• PS Silver Member
Re: Natasha Paremski
Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 08:45:05 PM
I actually saw her play this last winter in CA.  She has wonderful technique, but personally I thought her interpretations were lacking a LOT.

Offline bella musica

• PS Silver Member
Re: Natasha Paremski
Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 09:19:36 PM
I saw her play last year too, at Meany Hall in Washington state.  I actually enjoyed it very much, but I'm relatively new to the world of classical music so I didn't have a lot to compare it with. 

She couldn't have been too terrible though, because she had to give FIVE encores.
A and B the C of D.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert