Piano Forum

Chopin and His Europe - Warsaw Invites the World
Celebrating its 20th anniversary the festival “Chopin and His Europe” included the thematic title “And the Rest of the World”, featuring world-renowned pianists and international and national top ensembles and orchestras. As usual the event explored Chopin's music through diverse perspectives, spanning four centuries of repertoire. Piano Street presents a selection of concerts videos including an interview with the festival’s founder, Chopin Institute’s Stanislaw Leszczynski. Read more >>

Topic: Mozart "Twinkle, twinkle" variations, fingering question  (Read 28992 times)

Offline oller

• PS Silver Member
Mozart "Twinkle, twinkle" variations, fingering question
on: September 12, 2007, 07:27:05 PM
What is the best fingering in LH in variation 2, first bar and similar places. I have tried 51212121 and also 51321231. I am not yet up to speed and maybe what seems best at low speed is not the best at high speed?

Offline wotgoplunk

• PS Silver Member
Re: Mozart "Twinkle, twinkle" variations, fingering question
Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 09:44:14 PM
What is the best fingering in LH in variation 2, first bar and similar places. I have tried 51212121 and also 51321231. I am not yet up to speed and maybe what seems best at low speed is not the best at high speed?

I personally use 51212121, but if you have difficulty crossing your 2nd finger, you should use a different. I find having to reposition my hand for the 1-3 (When using 51321231) makes it too inefficient.
Cogito eggo sum. I think, therefore I am a waffle.

Offline oller

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 01:52:21 PM
Thanks for the answer. I have come to the same conclusion. At low speed the 51321... seems smother, but at speed the repositioning of the hand becoms more difficult, so I am using 5121...

Offline kevin2006

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 10:19:07 AM
I personally use "51212121", it feels better, even in fast tempo! ;)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert