Piano Forum

Does Rachmaninoff Touch Your Heart?
Today, with smartwatches and everyday electronics, it is increasingly common to measure training results, heart rate, calorie consumption, and overall health. But monitoring heart rate of pianists and audience can reveal interesting insights on several other aspects within the musical field. Read more >>

Topic: Chopin Andante spianato  (Read 3287 times)

Offline fbt

• PS Silver Member
Chopin Andante spianato
on: April 22, 2011, 03:29:39 PM
I hope this posting will be a little better than the last time. All comments welcome. Thank you for taking the time to listen
People who make music together cannot be enemies,at least while the music last.
                                 Paul Hindemith

Offline emill

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopin Andante spianato
Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 04:30:41 PM
It's beautifully played ..... I think you captured the mood very well.
but what do the teachers here say?
member on behalf of my son, Lorenzo

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopin Andante spianato
Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 12:07:57 AM
The only thing I can really say (because it was well played and very intimate)... is that in a couple of parts, I think the left hand gets a little too loud compared to the melody.

The left hand to me in this piece should be like a good neighbour - you know they're there, but they never bother you. It should be smooth and passive, and just a couple of times I felt like it was just a tad too obtrusive to the melody.

Having said that - that's the only thing I could really fault for this recording, and it's not much of a fault at that either.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert