Piano Forum

Does Rachmaninoff Touch Your Heart?
Today, with smartwatches and everyday electronics, it is increasingly common to measure training results, heart rate, calorie consumption, and overall health. But monitoring heart rate of pianists and audience can reveal interesting insights on several other aspects within the musical field. Read more >>

Topic: Help/Advice with Chopin Nocturne in E Minor 0p72,No1???  (Read 7577 times)

Offline sophiehill123456789

• PS Silver Member
Hello,
I'm rather new on this forum(Its a Miracle I came across it :) )

Currently, Im having a go at Chopins Nocturne in E minor op 72, No1. Now, I only play at around grade 6 level so its a bit of a jump in terms of difficulty but I just love this piece SO much Im gonna learn it anyway. :D
I've learnt half of the first page but its the left hand from bars 14-30 that Im having some trouble with remembering and im not sure which fingering to use. I can play all of the right hand though. Could anyone advise me on how exactly to tackle such a personally difficult piece?? It would be much appreciated. :)

Many Thanks, Sophie  ;D

Offline jeffkonkol

• PS Gold Member
Re: Help/Advice with Chopin Nocturne in E Minor 0p72,No1???
Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 09:40:22 PM
the urtext version doesn't really have any fingering.  There are other editions out there with a good deal of fingering for the flourishes on page 3, and for most of the page 2 left hand work.  It is probably worth getting a more notated version, especially if you are just starting your work on the piece.

Online lelle

• PS Gold Member

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert