Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Why is Bach so hard?!  (Read 37162 times)

Offline rachmaninoff_forever

• PS Silver Member
Re: Why is Bach so hard?!
Reply #50 on: March 31, 2016, 04:41:52 PM
Rereading my earlier posts are so embarassing
Live large, die large.  Leave a giant coffin.

Offline briansaddleback

Reply #51 on: March 31, 2016, 04:54:51 PM
Okay so the prelude was OKAY, it was quite a hassle for me learning it, but whatever.  But the fugue is really starting to get to me.  Why is his stuff so hard?!  It's not like technically challenging or anything, but what the heck?!  I'm so confused, I don't even know what exactly the problems I'm having with his music!  It's like there's a wall that prevents me from learning his music?  What the heck is going on?!  His music is so weird, It will take me an extra long time for me to learn the notes, because I can't sightread half a measure of Bach's music, and once I learn them, I can't even play them properly!  I'm starting to get really mad that I can't learn this extra small four minute long piece.  It's literally been a whole month, I've spent WAY too much time on this!!! >:(

It's the prelude and fugue in A flat major from Book one by the way.
re read it again
Work in progress:

Rondo Alla Turca

Offline pencilart3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #52 on: March 31, 2016, 08:31:03 PM
1. You are very vulnerable while playing and all mistakes (rhythmic mistakes, not making notes come down together, just plain missing a note) are very noticeable.

2. Each hand requires equal concentration and there are no 'easy parts' in Bach.
You might have seen one of my videos without knowing it was that nut from the forum
youtube.com/noahjohnson1810
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert