Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Hey everyone! I'm new and have some questions!  (Read 1298 times)

Offline musicalpoet23

• PS Silver Member
Hey everyone! I'm new and have some questions!
on: July 12, 2012, 04:03:33 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm new here, just got an account but went ahead and posted replies on some threads. I just wanted to ask if there are any tacit rules around here? Anything I need to know?

Also, if you're a regular user, I would love it if you introduced yourself! :D

I will start:
Hi! I'm musicalpoet23. I am an amateur pianist, and I consider myself between intermediate and advanced. This is gonna surprise you though-- I have been playing for almost 3 years! I just love to improve :)

I await your replies! ^_^

Offline roseamelia

• PS Silver Member
Re: Hey everyone! I'm new and have some questions!
Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 02:33:08 PM
Hi musicalpoet23! I'm in the same area of levels too. I'm in my last book level 6 and have been a student for 9 months and I wish it was longer. oh and I almost forgot my name is Rose.
But Jesus looked at them and said "With man this is impossible, but with God ALL things are possible!"<br /><br />~Jesus Matthew 19:26

Offline musicalpoet23

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 04:38:26 PM
Nice to meet you Rose! :)

Offline roseamelia

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 02:31:24 PM
So when did you start piano?
But Jesus looked at them and said "With man this is impossible, but with God ALL things are possible!"<br /><br />~Jesus Matthew 19:26

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 02:34:49 PM
welcome :D

pasted from a similar post a while back, here was my reply

n June 22, 2012, 11:15:07 AM

...  I think common sense is the best guide, as always. ..

everytime i read something like that i am reminded of the signature quote at the end of emails i used to get from an old molecular genetics professor of mine, "common sense isn't" lol

in all seriousness, just try to be considerate, try to contribute more than you ask of, consult dr. google prior to posting as appropriate.

do not ask for or post scores of copyrighted non public domain piano works, and those that are public domain, refer requests to the piano street sheet music service if the piece is offered before posting something that can dilute the revenue for the site.

try to abstain from expounding on subjects you have little authority on or at least make sure you are passing along good info, i.e speak not what you know not of.

ask plenty of questions. try not to derail threads too badly or at least try to get them back on track if it has been hijacked.

look for appropriate sub boards/rooms for topic starts.

do not doulbe post in an effort to try to get a response , more reponses or reponds faster.

have fun. don't be too serious. don't be troll.

that's all i got.

Offline black_keys

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 03:23:09 PM

do not doulbe post in an effort to try to get a response , more reponses or reponds faster.

Too late  :P
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert