Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Your music school system?  (Read 1667 times)

Offline xenia

• PS Silver Member
Your music school system?
on: February 13, 2003, 03:50:49 AM

I'm very curious about your music school system.I know it's very different then our,in Serbia(in all exYugoslavien republics).We have:
6 years of (so called) lower music school(goes with regulary,elementary school)-from 9 to 14 years old pupils,then
4 years of high (secondary)school-from 14 to 18 years,then
4 years of study(university,academy)
After academy we can work in a high school as a piano teachers(profesors).We work in a public schools.
How and where do you people learn music and playing instruments ?

:)

Offline SteveK

• PS Silver Member
Re: Your music school system?
Reply #1 on: February 13, 2003, 05:44:40 PM
Hi Xenia!
I have all my lessons one-on-one! I see my teacher usually once a week for about 2 hours! Hopefully, when I go to college, I will have more musical education!
Where I live, there are no music schools close by. I'm very glad to have the person who's teaching me! :)
"And you probably thought I'd play badly?" - Sergei Rachmaninoff.

Offline veimar

• PS Silver Member
Re: Your music school system?
Reply #2 on: February 28, 2003, 02:39:40 AM
Hi! :) We have almost the same system in Russia and former SU: 7 years of "children music school", then 4 years of college and 4-5 years of Music Academy or Conservatory. After that we can work or get master and later doctoral degree.
Regards,
M.W.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert