Piano Forum

Topic: Study in London  (Read 1821 times)

Offline jsen

  • PS Silver Member
  • Newbie
  • ***
  • Posts: 22
Study in London
on: November 10, 2013, 08:05:41 PM
which is the best place to study a Bachelor or Master program in Music(piano)? the Royal Academy of Music, the Royal College of Music, the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, Trinity College of Music? And which teacher/s should I chose in each one?


Offline jy_

  • PS Silver Member
  • Jr. Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 66
Re: Study in London
Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 12:44:23 PM
the top schools according to my teacher are RAM and guildhall, followed by RCM, then the latter 2.

Guildhall's teachers have been there for a long time... think martin roscoe is there... Not sure about the academy...

College has some very good teachers though, although i think that some of them can be pretty demoralizing if you are not up to their standard.

Offline richard black

  • PS Silver Member
  • Sr. Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 2104
Re: Study in London
Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 02:28:29 PM
Totally depends on who your teacher is, and how well you relate to him/her. There are some very good teachers at all 4.
Instrumentalists are all wannabe singers. Discuss.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Sign up

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert