Piano Forum

Does Rachmaninoff Touch Your Heart?
Today, with smartwatches and everyday electronics, it is increasingly common to measure training results, heart rate, calorie consumption, and overall health. But monitoring heart rate of pianists and audience can reveal interesting insights on several other aspects within the musical field. Read more >>

Topic: Learning Perfect Pitch  (Read 3015 times)

Offline maestroanth

Learning Perfect Pitch
on: March 18, 2015, 09:26:34 AM
Hey guys and gals,

I figured that I'd throw a little shameless promotion for my website and for my perfect pitch/ear training book if anyone is interested.  It's not too expensive I don't think ($8.50). It's at www.maestroanth.com and click on the perfect pitch tab. And the free website I used to practice it with is called www.prolobe.com which I recommend to accompany the book  ;).

I learned perfect pitch when I was around 18 and if you think you have a predisposition toward it, I highly recommend it. (For example, if you tend to remember the beginning of songs in the correct key and what not, all you need then is just to attach that same memory to a note label "i.e. F#, Ab, B etc.")  And no, not everyone can do it, but sometimes its cool to try.

All Best,
-Anthony