Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: New Boards?  (Read 2092 times)

Offline rubinsteinmad

• PS Silver Member
New Boards?
on: April 06, 2015, 01:30:40 AM
Hello,

I would suggest adding a 'Playing and Technique' and Audio Recording board. Those are kind of hard to put in Performance, Repotoire, Student's Corner, and Audition Room :(

Just a suggestion ;)

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
Re: New Boards?
Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 03:50:02 AM
Hello,

I would suggest adding a 'Playing and Technique' and Audio Recording board. Those are kind of hard to put in Performance, Repotoire, Student's Corner, and Audition Room :(

Just a suggestion ;)
It seems that most questions we get here regarding "Playing and Technique" are either at a level that we can answer them in the Student's Corner, or it's such an almost existential debate ("Does tone really exist?") that we put it in performance  ;D
As for Audition Room, I see no real point in having Audio Recording and Audition Room. Two boards that would basically do the exact same thing, and leave newer members wondering which to post in. If you suggested Audio Recording as in, like, advice for how to record audio, those discussions (besides many of them already having been discussed) can be done in the misc. section or the "anything but piano" (although, since it's piano related, the former seems more appropriate).

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Re: New Boards?
Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 01:21:53 AM
It's come up before.  Nils wanted to keep it clean and simple.  I'd agree.  And no way of dividing up ideas will work for everything.

Some forums have too many boards and subboards.  It gets confusing, although I suppose it depends on the activity level of the forum too.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert