Piano Forum logo
November 18, 2017, 04:40:48 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Steinway & Sons Announces New Record Label

Steinway & Sons recently announced the launch of its new record label. The first release on this label, Bach On A Steinway, features keyboard masterworks by J. S. Bach as performed by pianist Jeffrey Biegel, whose extensive embellishments and ornaments in a Baroque style give the recording a unique flavor. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can anyone help me on analysing this Bach fugue.  (Read 1049 times)
glennross
PS Silver Member

« on: September 08, 2015, 07:17:37 PM »

Hi everyone,

My teacher told me I should analyse some fugue's to get a firm understanding on fugue's. However, right now, I'm analyzing Bach's F major fugue from Book 2 and I'm struggling with some things:

The exposition ends at measure 18, when the 3rd voice made it's last entry, however, this is not a cadence. So do I have to go further and say the exposition takes from measure 1 till 28, where Bach uses a cadence to go from F major to C major?

Also, I'm having trouble to know where the cadences are in this fugue overall because they are not pointing out very obvious in any way. Any help on telling me where the cadences are?

Thanks in advance,
Glenn
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

"The finest instrument, is the mind."
-----------------------------------------
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: