Piano Forum logo
November 24, 2017, 06:50:03 PM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Books on Piano Pedaling

“The more I play, the more I am thoroughly convinced that the pedal is the soul of the piano. There are cases where the pedal is everything” Anton Rubinstein Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to think about this part?  (Read 582 times)
xdjuicebox
PS Silver Member

« on: February 04, 2016, 06:02:57 AM »

So a while back someone told me that the way I thought about this part of Liebestraume No. 3 was wrong. This is coming right off of the Fm -> C -> Am -> E part.

So the way I think about this part is that it's "in E," because if you think about it that way, then it's just a really simple walk through the circle of 5ths (E -> G#7/D# -> G#m7b5/Bnatural -> C#7 -> F#9 -> Bdominant13 +whatever extensions idk how to analyze-> E, correct/modify that if I'm wrong). That's if E is the tonic. Except I was told it was not the tonic. I know we're in Am right now, so I think of E as the tonic in the dominant key.

So the question is, how are you SUPPOSED to think about this part? I kind of learned theory by reading wikipedia so...
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

My Sonata No. 1, Mov. 1 and 4 (2 and 3 are still being edited)

Kreisler-Rach Liebesleid
Rach 33-4
Scriabin 8-12

Don't practice much anymore because I need the time to compose Sad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: