Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Finger Technique Problem  (Read 1312 times)

Offline davidny

Finger Technique Problem
on: July 03, 2016, 06:41:35 PM
Hey guys,

I am trying to play a new piece of sheet music, and I'm stuck at one point because I don't know which fingers to use in which order.

Would one of you be kind enough to tell me his opinion?

Please find attached the page, I'm stuck from bar #55 to bar #58. Please disregard my own marks.

Thank you.

Offline okoie

• PS Silver Member
Re: Finger Technique Problem
Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 05:55:27 AM
Which piece is it ?

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 01:48:12 AM
Just out of curiosity I'm going to wait and see if anyone else answers this (because imho I bet you get totally ignored). Maybe ask what is the hardest piano piece ever? You will get more responses lol. Or ask something less specific so people can pretend to be clever.

If you get no luck Ill give you a solution.
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com

Offline tinyking12345

Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 05:35:07 PM
have you tried splitting it between the lh and rh???

Offline louispodesta

Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 11:00:23 PM
The late concert pianist, Earl Wild (in his Memoir), made a special point of the following:

It is perfectly proper/normal to re-arrange, not only fingerings, but also voicing's between the two hands.  This was done by all of the concert pianists that he knew who grew up in the latter 19th and early 20the century.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert