Piano Forum

The World of Piano Competitions – issue 1 2024
The World of Piano Competitions is a magazine initiated by PIANIST Magazine (Netherlands and Germany) and its Editor-in-Chief Eric Schoones. Here we get a rich insight into the world of international piano competitions through the eyes of its producers and participants. Read more >>

Topic: Name of the piece  (Read 1621 times)

Offline dedikandrej

Name of the piece
on: September 20, 2016, 04:24:31 PM
Hey, I was just listening to Brahms rhapsodie in bm, and there was certain passage that strongly reminded me of some piece i heard a long time ago and now i can't quite recall what's its name.
The melody starts at bar 21 i think, and if im correct, the melody goes like:

d - d - d - d - f - - -  eb d c - c - c - c - eb - - - d c ... and so on.

I think its schubert, but im not quite sure, can some1 help me with this, it drives me crazy last few hours.

Offline piulento

Re: Name of the piece
Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 06:11:51 PM

Guess you're talking about this one. Great piece!
Pretty impressive that you noticed it was Schubert just by the melody :)

Offline huaidongxi

Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 08:56:03 PM
thank you for identifying the piece and posting the performance.  the manuscript was probably among those that passed through Schumann's possession into Brahm's, in any event it was the latter and more successful in his time who had the pieces of d.946 first published.  it's one of my favorites, and the technically less challenging second piece is one of my long term projects, temporarily on hold with my focus currently on d.894.  disclaimer -- not qualified to post on this board.

Offline dedikandrej

Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 10:51:14 AM
Thx, my suffering is finally over!  ;D
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert