Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Waldstein  (Read 2732 times)

Offline didi100

Waldstein
on: April 16, 2017, 10:56:31 PM
I have worked on this piece 1st movement for the past 5 months. Although I am pretty good at playing this and up to full speed, I still make mistakes playing in front of others. How long does it take on average to master this piece? I have played most of my life so I am considered advanced.

Offline mike_lang

• PS Silver Member
Re: Waldstein
Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 12:54:45 PM
Well, the devil is in the details . . . how have you practiced it? In what tempos (how much time did you spend playing slowly)? In what size sections (the exposition at once? a single phrase?)? With what fingerings? How much was practicing and how much was "playing through?" And of course, there are some technical hurdles to overcome . . . did you have any guidance on the piece from a teacher? Just as a point of reference, where are you in your piano studies? High school? College? Later?

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert