Piano Forum

A Massive Glimpse Into Ligeti’s Pianistic Universe
Performing Ligeti’s complete Etudes is a challenge for any pianist. Young pianist Han Chen has received both attention and glowing reviews for his recording of the entire set for Naxos. We had the opportunity to speak with the pianist after his impressive recital at the Piano Experience in Cremona last fall. Read more >>

Topic: question on ravel a minor trio difficulty  (Read 2160 times)

Offline kiirankumarr

• PS Silver Member
question on ravel a minor trio difficulty
on: April 30, 2017, 09:27:03 PM
hi, I'm interested in learning a single movement of Ravel's a minor trio- I'm currently finishing Chopin's b flat scherzo and have finished Brahms b minor rhapsody and Beethoven's op 1 trio. I know the whole "if you have to ask, then..." however I haven't finished anything by Ravel before, beyond the beginning of Sonatine. I was wondering if anyone else who's played this could could tell if all the movements are out of my league (or if any movements are easier to play) and what Ravel pieces I could play to work up to his a minor trio. Thanks!

Offline mike_lang

• PS Silver Member
Re: question on ravel a minor trio difficulty
Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 01:22:15 PM
We don't really know what your league is unless you post a video of yourself playing a piece you've mastered . . . but if you want to learn it, learn it!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert